ATOMIC_TRAIN.png

Sadly only planed, never built. :cry:

D&D carriage

Beer carriage

Video game carriage

Satellite communications carriage

Anti tankie global defense initiative carriage

Booze carriage

Doc Brown’s train in Back to the Future 3 could hover and time travel. These would be some good features to add on, but unfortunately neither technology actually exists. And what was the deal with Marty losing it when he was called “chicken?” That was never in the first movie; rather, he was very self-conscious in the first and then suddenly he has this thing where one word makes him lose it, I mean sheesh what was that?

In that case, I would have it with a smaller profile so I could hide it when not in use. Maybe if it was water-tight and had a remote control you could hide it underwater. Now that’s using the old bean!

keep the Harrier though you will need serious wingfolding to stay within the width of your carriages . Incidentally happens to be a reason for me banned specifically in some forum . There used to be a specific British company which had awesome pictures with the most accessible concept being this . Do not fall for rescue pod claims . It is a special forces delivery thing , which will also work much better from the cargo hold of a C-130 .

29-10-2023.png

the actual drawing they went to Kaddafi with (you know , in his later years and 500 strong all women guard unit and far too much money and so on that it was a very feasible and he , too , should invest in it even if nobody would've sold him Harriers) showed some blonde , red dress , knee lenght skirts and office materiel , it being just before the era of military grade laptops for travel , backdating it to early 1980s . All cool guys had to have one ! It was already fashionable . Though the reason ı got kicked out was the reference that the Royal Yatch in UAE had an helicopter pad that would take an Harrier , with heat and impact resistance . Everybody wanna play Bond or whatever .

D&D carriage
I've been thinking hard about the OP question.

This is a good answer, and will undoubtedly make up a part of my answer.

But what it entails is that YOU ALL also will have to be on the train.

So that I have people with whom to play D&D.

not the actual set the company sells , it seems ...
31-10-2023 classic-space-guild-navigator-lego-angus-maclane.jpg

The only Milwaukee Road Skytop Lounge car remaining in service, with the private charter train Cedar Rapids, Milwaukee Road 261, operated by Friends of the 261 out of Minneapolis.

Wikipedia said:
The Skytop Lounges were a fleet of streamlined passenger cars with the parlor-lounge cars built by the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad ("the Milwaukee Road") and sleeper-lounges built by Pullman-Standard in 1948. The cars were designed by famed industrial designer Brooks Stevens. The fleet included both parlor-lounges and sleeping cars. The lounges entered service in 1948 on the Twin Cities Hiawatha, while the sleeping cars were used on the long-distance Olympian Hiawatha. In 1964 the Milwaukee Road sold the sleeping cars to the Canadian National Railway, which operated them until 1977. The parlor cars continued in service with the Milwaukee Road until 1970, when they were retired.
Wikipedia said:
Several of the Skytops were preserved. Former parlor-lounge No. 186, the Cedar Rapids, belongs to the Friends of the 261 and is used on charter trips and excursions.[11] Former parlor-lounge No. 188, the Dell Rapids, is on display at the Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach, Florida.[13] Former parlor-lounge No. 187, the Coon Rapids was last spotted around 1979, and is thought to be stored with the last two Baldwin RF-16s in Wells, MI as part of a private collection. Former sleeper-lounge No. 15 Coffee Creek was undergoing restoration by Iowa Pacific.[12] After the bankruptcy of Iowa Pacific[15] it was acquired by the Aberdeen, Carolina and Western Railway.

How do you manage to get that many people in a room with all the walls and ceiling being windows and have none of them actually obviously looking out of the window?

extras from an agency . When this photoshoot is over , they will all go and appear in a TV show .

How do you manage to get that many people in a room with all the walls and ceiling being windows and have none of them actually obviously looking out of the window?
They were all impossible to work with. Would you believe the woman in the green scarf is actually named Karen? Ugh. :rolleyes:

Bulletproofing all of those windows? Nah. And how are you going to throw your weight around looking like you’re on something that looks like it was in Logan’s Run?

paraphrasing , 40 milimeter laminated glass panels were developed for B-17 that could stop German 7.92mm bullets from 100 yards , weighing 88 kilograms per square meter . Do not piss off people with 20 or 200 mm guns .01-11-2023.jpg

Since seeing that car, I’m thinking I want an Arby’s car and a Dairy Queen car. Actually, a bunch of mobile restaurants that I could attach and detach as needed. And a coffee shop.

At some point, may as well just put a whole mall on some wheels. Montgomery Ward and Woolworth for anchors.

Since seeing that car, I’m thinking I want an Arby’s car and a Dairy Queen car. Actually, a bunch of mobile restaurants that I could attach and detach as needed. And a coffee shop.

At some point, may as well just put a whole mall on some wheels. Montgomery Ward and Woolworth for anchors.
You have an armoured rain, and you want to be eating Arby’s and Dairy Queen?

I know I said earlier that I'd want a revolving door of Top Chef contestants, and I definitely still do, but I think I also need to have dim sum on demand. I like the idea of top-shelf coffee & tea, and I'll add a bakery for scones, muffins & croissants. So there'll be a dining car for proper sit-down meals, then a separate "East-meets-West" cafe car that will be open 24 hrs.

What’s wrong with that? Sometimes I just want a roast beef sandwich and some curly fries, or a BBQ sandwich and some ice cream. I’m not going to forget my proletarian roots just because I have a personal armored train and compliment of staff.

What’s wrong with that? Sometimes I just want a roast beef sandwich and some curly fries, or a BBQ sandwich and some ice cream. I’m not going to forget my proletarian roots just because I have a personal armored train and compliment of staff.
As long as you have good, well paid workers for them. It should turn out well.

View attachment 676217

I came across this old Hungarian train, which I'd stretch out a little to add more of the intimidation factor. I'd go for a different color scheme, though this faded blue-green isn't bad.

As for interiors, this is the new Orient Express:

View attachment 676218

Also, I want need this train to be very Bond villain-y, so that means at least one kind of hidden door in a bookcase. Preferably one that swings 360 degrees rather than slides sideways.

The bottom photo reminds me of a scene in a Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director game. Some of the passengers got off the ship to go on the Orient Express. That's where one of the long-time couples decided to get married.

Then later on during their world cruise, the newly-engaged bride-to-be decided to go on a tour to the South Pole. Her fiance got a call to pick her up in the infirmary since she was being treated for hypothermia and frostbite.

I don't suppose the fact that she went on this tour wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and running shoes had anything to do with it... (Emma is without doubt one of the dumbest computer game characters I've ever seen... and Mike STILL married her in the next game!)

Very WH40K imperium.

Also reminded me of:

View attachment 676437

Fun fact: One of the extras was injured in that scene, due to the Guild Navigator's tank running over his foot. Just one tidbit of information in The Making of Dune by Ed Naha.

I've been thinking hard about the OP question.

This is a good answer, and will undoubtedly make up a part of my answer.

But what it entails is that YOU ALL also will have to be on the train.

So that I have people with whom to play D&D.

No problem here, as long as it's 2nd edition. Original is fun, too.

Actually, earlier today someone in the Fighting Fantasy group I belong to on FB suggested that I should run a FF campaign, since he liked my ideas.

I would if there was anyone else around here besides me who likes FF.

Bulletproofing all of those windows? Nah. And how are you going to throw your weight around looking like you’re on something that looks like it was in Logan’s Run?

I thought those mazecars were rather cool. They became death traps, though, after the Thinker was destroyed.

Dairy Queen is a good idea. :yup:

The idea of armoured rain is kinda scary, like extra-destructive hail. :shifty:

Everyone's got their favorite fast food. I love McDonald's cheeseburgers, A&W root beer floats, Tim Horton's Timbits, and for restaurants, I'd want Humpty's and there's a favorite local Chinese food place that I'd want. Since it's a local mom & pop place, the owners would have to come along as well. I love their dumplings and won ton soup.

Top Bottom