What does Trade really do and the caravan?

helvetica

Chieftain
Hi everyone, this is my first post in this awesome forum i found... I've been playing civilization I for years and I am reluctant to move on to Civ 2, 3 or 4 for that matter simply because Civ1's interface is so user friendly and amazing and the artwork itself is also awesome.

Well here goes my question, I keep hearing that Trade is a very important advancement for your civilization... I am just not sure on how to establish trade routes... and I'm tired of losing money every turn :(

anyone here has any good strategy guide apart from the one in civfanatics.com where it really teaches you how to master civ1?

A guide for mastering civ1 is a quite broad topic, but caravans are an important part. Just build them and send them to a big rival city far away, preferrably on another continent. That's profitable.

Trade is a resource that is split between luxuries, science, and taxes in a proportion you set. More trade, more luxuries/science/taxes.

If you want to be a passive civilization and built up your lands you can become an economic giant. You can buy and sell you enemies to death. Literally.

Top Bottom