What empire never seems to get off the ground in your games?

Surprised everyone is saying China. They tend to be on the lower rung of moderate in most of my games. As for the worst ones, in a word: England. England, always England. It looks like she keeps going for culture victories or something, which I'm not sure is something that makes sense for them. At least I'm guessing they do, they tend not to survive past the Renaissance so I don't really know what their strategy is. All I know is they build two cities and just kinda sit there until someone kills the crap out of them.

To a lesser extent, America tends to suck too. but nobody out-sucks Elizabeth.

I have to agree with CCCV, the most cities I've ever seen AI England build was four, including their capital. They did eventually conquer a fifth city (a CS), but France and Siam conquered all but two of their cities in the Renaissance.

Isn't that interesting. Different Civs do different things for different people. For example, Hiawatha is always way above the other AIs in my games, he is like a second super power. I would have thought everyone's experience with the civs would be similar but obviously not.

Based on forum browsing Hiawatha does indeed seem to be a common large foe. I just haven't really seen it myself.

The one where he was powerful was in my earlier days on prince difficulty but I have had dozens of games now on Immortal and Emperor and he just gets smoked hard and early.

Based on forum browsing Hiawatha does indeed seem to be a common large foe. I just haven't really seen it myself.

The one where he was powerful was in my earlier days on prince difficulty but I have had dozens of games now on Immortal and Emperor and he just gets smoked hard and early.

Ah there you have it. I usually play Prince for several reasons. I have only played the higher levels a dozen times.

Yeah, I suspect different AIs do well at different difficulty settings.

Seems like Hiawatha doesn't play the early game all that well, but likes to DoW. But seems beastly in later time periods.

In an Immortal game, being a bad early warmonger means getting facerolled and never seeing the middle to late game.

Top Bottom