What future content would you like to see for Old World?

I would love to see the addition of family trees for each of the player's vassal families. I would find that much more interesting and engaging than just a list of living members. The dynasty can be better traced and hopefully give more interesting information to the player to make informed choices.

My family trees mod does this. Adds all family's trees to the inheritance screen. You can then start seeing cross family marriages, mixed kids, etc.

But it was decided not to do this for the base game since the tree would end up with hundreds of nodes, which becomes quite the challenge to read properly nearing the end of the game.

My family trees mod does this. Adds all family's trees to the inheritance screen. You can then start seeing cross family marriages, mixed kids, etc.

But it was decided not to do this for the base game since the tree would end up with hundreds of nodes, which becomes quite the challenge to read properly nearing the end of the game.

Where can I find this mod?? Sounds amazing. Does it by any chance fix the current glitch that you can't scroll in the no inheritance bscreen?

Where can I find this mod?? Sounds amazing. Does it by any chance fix the current glitch that you can't scroll in the no inheritance bscreen?

MODS off the main menu, INSTALL tab, and put "family" in the search bar. Proper Family Trees it's called.

upload_2021-12-8_15-11-33.png

The scroll bug is fixed (not in the mod) but will flow through the next patch.

Another idea I had for the "Empire" idea:

When you have the Regions or Provinces established per my last post, and a governor assigned to that set of cities, you should be able to assign workers to that region. Once you do, the workers automate *at no orders cost* because they are controlled by the governor not you directly.

This could be one of the minor perks of changing your government type late game.

"barbarian" empires:
OW takes place in a time of already established empires that you play against. however, perhaps, in every game, there's 1 or 2 "NPC" empires that aren't playing to win. Rather, like barbarians, they have a set schedule of them rising, peaking, but then, collapsing. so, not another "civ" per se in that they won't ever have a chance to win, but something to manage and balance w your empire's needs.

They'd start the game as the Great Powers of the Age. This is stage 1. They have multiple cities that are well-developed, maybe some wonders already (so, add more wonders :D ), and have a nice army. But, they keep to themselves, unless *overly* provoked.

After a set amount of turns (that is displayed like tribes), they advance to Stage 2: Expanding. Now, they are out to conquer and expand so beware. Think: rampaging barbs that can control cities a'la civ 4. Most civs will lose a city or two to them, ai and player alike. just hold on tight and weather teh storm.

again, After a set amount of turns: Stage 3: Decadence: cultural and scientific diffusion perhaps? infrastructure? something to mimic the advancement of the pax romana but also, increasingly high discontent in these cities forcing them to deal with all that entails, including the occasional city revolt.

Stage 4: collapse: civil war as their factions are in rebellion; their cities become ruins and/or controlled by Remnants of the empire that can be befriended, absorbed, conquered, etc. can be ransacked for scientific knowledge or culture, etc.

the "endpoint" for these empires would be in the midgame, although the remnants might linger on in a similar state to late-game tribes currently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom