What is causing this?

obsolete

Deity
I noticed today suddenly my cities are selecting my builds for me automatically instead of waiting for me to select items myself.

As annoying as this is, there is something even worse, my cities keep randomly whipping my population to complete builds.

Is this a glitch in Bug, or did I inadvertently hit some hotkey in the standard game?

Never mind, found it. Automated governor somehow was enabled... turned that :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) off.

I think you accidentally hit "city automation" in the city screen. The button for disabling it is right besides the city govenor. There's a list of all available hotkeys afaik in the civilopedia (button in the top-right corner of the map-screen or press F12) :) .

This is a good thing for you. :thumbsup:Whipping is the most powerful mechanic in the game. I always whip randomly, as much as I can remember to. :clap:Sometimes I forget.:egypt: Here, the governor was using the slavery civic to speed up your builds.
All the pro players do that but it's even better when the governor does because it knows the game's code and calculates when and what is best to whip.:scan: (cheater !!!:sleep:)

City automation is BANNED:smoke: from competitive play for this reason. Because it is so efficient.:banana::banana:
What you seem to miss is that getting an earlier item is waaay better :worship:than working a few more tiles.
It's not very well known but the population you have costs money !!!:yuck::yuck: So, by whipping away useless citizens, you're actually saving money. :strength::strength:Over years of playing:hammer2::wallbash:, I've found that it's nearly impossible to maintain a 100% science rate if you let your cities grow too much !!

But this is a very hard game.:old: Even if you whip everything, everywhere and gain all the money in the world, in the end,:bump: the AIs will run away. (cheater !!!)
Trust me, you can't even win this game:beer: unless you start with gold in your capital.:bday: Also, you need other tricks[pimp]. I always turn random seed on reload because :spear: Another thing you can do is give you nukes at the start. I love seeing the AIs' face when I nuke them at 4000 BC:evil::aargh:

Don't feel bad about losing.:help: It's normal.:coffee::wavey:
But you should turn the city governor OFF:sniper: because this is cheating:ar15:. Instead, you should try some of the tricks I gave you.[party] :dance:

BiC is channeling Attacko today.

Ty for that post BiC. I think I detected some of obsolete's humor in it so I guess he'll love this post aswell.

But just one thing BiC: Plz use less smileys, every smiley uses a resource of this forum and uses a resource of the computer and we need to care for those resources aswell.

I'll only write this once:

:nuke: is the best smiley in this forum, it evenly uses only 2 colors which must be proof that :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: is good :joke: .

And don't :xmastree: if you care for your computer, better :xtree: .

:c5faith: + :c5influence: + :c5happy:

:lol: Gorgeous post BiC. I've only heard urban legends about this Attacko chap, but sounds like an odd one :D

Ouch ! I wonder what gave me away...

Attacko, Pangaea, is a fictional character developped by troytheface, in the ice ages of this forum.
He was often considered a troll but appreciated for his humorous qualities by many.
Very few, however, could get over the raw and provocative writing style of the master to benefit from his most excellent strategic insights.
Those who have form a tight, yet discrete, column of staunch disciples.

Top Bottom