1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the first Civ you will play as ?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DevC, Oct 4, 2016.

1. HecatesLover

HecatesLover Chieftain

Aztecs. I have a history of playing really passively in previous 4X games. I want to change that this time.

2. pochesun

pochesun Chieftain

I will play random for sure. Can't have any preferences early on and i kinda want to try all civs anyway.

3. xcrissxcrossx

xcrissxcrossx Prince

Probably Rome. I've always preferred conquest over diplomacy in these games and Rome seems well suited for this.

4. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Warlord

"When the walls fell." :D

Zaarin likes this.
  5. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Hard to say. Rome's got great perks, as does Greece, but others appeal in their own ways. I may not know until I sit down to try and play. I think I'll play more different civs in this iteration than I tried in previous ones. I'm curious to see if the civs that seem a bit OP will be aggressively handled by the AI, or not.

6. pholtz

pholtz King

Darmok and and Jalad at Tanagra! Temba, his arms wide.

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Warlord

The river Ta'mok, in winter! :D

Zaarin likes this.
  8. alaric1112

alaric1112 Chieftain

Rome or Aztecs. I think I want WAR!!

9. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Warlord

I think I'm going to work my way through the leaders in chronological order, so I'll start with Sumeria and finish with India.

10. Civbra

Civbra Warlord

Man this is no easy choice at all! I love most of them and probably go ramdom at the first game (with everything else standart) and after that, maybe Japan, Rome or Brazil!!!

11. Draehl

Draehl Chieftain

Tough call, but I'm tempted to go Norway aggressive out the gate for a domination victory first as I normally play more passive. Go standard map size, continents (I want to try Norway without having a blatantly biased islands map). Though I'm also very interested in Japan (tall, balanced game) and to a lesser extent Russia, Rome, and Egypt.

12. Jordanius of Belta

Jordanius of Belta Chieftain

Rome, Spain or America. Probably Rome.

13. Gintoki89

Gintoki89 Warlord

Assuming there are achievements for the difficulties/map sizes/map types, I'll probably start with the lowest difficulties and smallest map types and knock out a couple of those early. So the first couple of games I'll probably actually play with civs I'm kinda weaker on personally, like Rome, England, or Sumeria. Once I get up closer to Prince, where I'll probably settle for a while, I'll go to the Civ's I'm actually looking forward to, like Japan, France, Russia, or Arabia.