What is the maximum possible size of the map?

wowa30

Chieftain
In file ...Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4WorldInfo.xml

The maximum setting for <iGridWidth>???</iGridWidth>
The maximum setting for <iGridHeight>???</iGridHeight>

The last time I was able to generate a map with the parameters 75x45, now I can not.
I really want a giant-sized map and 128 AI. Indeed is it not possible ???
This mod is not planned to transfer to civilization 6?

The maximum setting for <iGridWidth>???</iGridWidth>
The maximum setting for <iGridHeight>???</iGridHeight>

The last time I was able to generate a map with the parameters 75x45, now I can not.

Planet Genarator 0.68, see the Map Overide dropdpwn menu. Largest Map listed is 256x160.

Max AI in Game now is 39 because the DLL is set at 40 (39AI + Player). The last 10 spots (that adds up to 50 the former DLL limit in C2C) are now reserved for the NPC AI.

If you do some reading of threads you will find all this info talked about. You have also been told before that back before this current change that 48 AI was the Max +1Barb AI + Player + Old 50DLL limit. No one in Civfanatics has created or published a 128 AI DLL.

Even setting a game up with 39 AI And that 256 x160 size Planet Gen map you might make it out of Med Era, since you say Turn times are No Problem for you.

So there's your answer and how to do it. Have Fun! :D

JosEPh

Please give a link to the description of Planet Generator 0.68.
If I use Planet Generator 0.68 I must set

<iGridWidth>256</iGridWidth> ?
<iGridHeight>160</iGridHeight> ?

I'm sure I remember a few years ago made dll for 128 AI

I do not understand "you might make it out of Med Era". I can only start to Med Era or finish to Med Era?

<iGridWidth>256</iGridWidth>
<iGridHeight>160</iGridHeight>

I do not understand "you might make it out of Med Era". I can only start to Med Era or finish to Med Era?

The game is 32 bit. With a map that large, you will run out of memory by the Med Era. This will happen even if you have the biggest and best system you can buy.

So to play for a long time, use smaller maps with fewer Civs.

Read the forums. The reasons for smaller maps/Civs have been stated Ad Nauseum. :)

Please give a link to the description of Planet Generator 0.68.
If I use Planet Generator 0.68 I must set

<iGridWidth>256</iGridWidth> ?
<iGridHeight>160</iGridHeight> ?

Stay out of Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4WorldInfo.xml. There is nothing there for you to change. Please follow my directions below.

I understand english is hard for you. The Planet Generator 0.68 is one of the map selections in the Game Set Up, Custom Game. You do know how to set up a Custom game right?

Once you look in the Map section and find the Planet Generator 0.68 Map select it (click on it). In it's many choices/options for this Map you will find the Map Override Bar. Click it and then scroll down to the last Map size. Click on it to select it.

Go back to Top of Game Set Up screen and selct your Empire. Then at the bottom of the AI list (count them) keep adding AI to the Game till you have 39 Activated.

You Must understand that using this many AI Means that Game Options like Barb Civ, Rev, and any other Option that can be used to Generate More AI will not work as they should Why? Because you already have the Max number of AI in the game.

Not for Caveman2Cosmos. C2C's .dll is set as I already explained.

As harrier has posted the game will most likely start having memory allocation failures by the time you have played from Prehistoric Era into the Medieval Era. You may get lucky and go a bit longer if you have conquered/eliminated many of the AI by that time. But don't be surprised when the MAFs or CTDs stop your game no matter how far you get into it.

JosEPh

Thank you JosEPh_II. I understood about Planet Generator 0.68 :)

In any case with map size 256x160 and 40 civs I can not play more than Med Era?

Thank you JosEPh_II. I understood about Planet Generator 0.68 :)

In any case with map size 256x160 and 40 civs I can not play more than Med Era?

You May be able to play longer than that, so many variables to how you play. But don't be surprised if you don't make it past Medieval. I actually hope you do make it beyond it that point in the game.

Personally, so far I've not made it past Ren Era with a Huge Perfect Mongoose map and 12 AI with the current v36 and it's associated SVN updates. Especially when you have 3 wars going on at the same time in that era. Turn times were reaching 15-30 minutes per turn and then Hangs or EoT CTDs started. I luckily do not remember getting any MAFs.

JosEPh

You May be able to play longer than that, so many variables to how you play. But don't be surprised if you don't make it past Medieval. I actually hope you do make it beyond it that point in the game.

Personally, so far I've not made it past Ren Era with a Huge Perfect Mongoose map and 12 AI with the current v36 and it's associated SVN updates. Especially when you have 3 wars going on at the same time in that era. Turn times were reaching 15-30 minutes per turn and then Hangs or EoT CTDs started. I luckily do not remember getting any MAFs.

JosEPh

I am figuring a way to get to later era's but its a ALOT of cheating going on, but not too bad, i guess?? still testing stuff . . . IF u are a builder ONLY . . . .

Top Bottom