What is this "earth/18" map I hear about?

Pharmtekbobby

Chieftain
I keep seeing people post about this earth map! which is it exactly? can someone please post a pic? When choosing a map, what does fractal and such mean?

Earth maps are mods or scenarios you loads from Advanced>Load a Mod.... or Custom Scenario.

The map is an 18 civilisation map of the earth (funnily enough!!! :p)

Fractal makes the landmasses go all pear-shaped.... in a good way, making them very random.

Personally, I prefer Big and Small map script for general play as it emulates a world like map with continents, islands, archipelagos.... I've had some really fantastic maps from this script.

I keep seeing people post about this earth map! which is it exactly? can someone please post a pic? When choosing a map, what does fractal and such mean?

Fractal's just a randomly generated map. I haven't played it, but Earth 18 is just a map of the Earth with 18 civs on it. I think its just for the basic civ and not for BTS unless you download another one.

Earth18's fun; there's a lot of different playstyles on one map. Europe has awesome land - resources every other tile - but six civs on a postage stamp. Asia is a lot like a normal game of Civ. Africa is almost empty - Mali and Egypt only - but short on good resources, with hammerless start spots. Colonization is doable, as South America east of the Andes is uninhabited; in a German game I got some amusement out of chopping down the entire Amazon and carpeting the area with cities.

I haven't played it, but Earth 18 is just a map of the Earth with 18 civs on it. I think its just for the basic civ and not for BTS unless you download another one.

BTS can use it. Since it already has the full 18 civs, you can never release a colony, so make sure you have Vassals turned off in the options so you don't get any colony maintenance costs.

BTS can use it. Since it already has the full 18 civs, you can never release a colony, so make sure you have Vassals turned off in the options so you don't get any colony maintenance costs.

Wait, are you saying that if you turn off vassals you don't get the oversea maintenance penalty?

Wait, are you saying that if you turn off vassals you don't get the oversea maintenance penalty?

That's what I've heard. I haven't actually tried it, since I like having vassals, but you could test it in a few minutes with the World Builder.

Top Bottom