What is this?!

Nooble

Warlord
I went to war against the French to help the Khymer, and every time Isuccessfully ovetake a city near the Kymer empire, it automatically gives it to the them. It doesn't even give me a choice to burn it or not, and the thing that gets me the most is that it says "_____ has been captured by the Khymer"!. It makes me FURIOUS! It makes the Kymer stronger and I only intended to weaken the French by burning their cities down. These cities wern't even previously owned by the Khymer.

What is with this?

I had that happen to me a couple of times, I simply declared war on the people who kept taking the cities and then nuked them out of spite.

I forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure It made it harder for me to Capitulate the French because I didn't "take over" the cities! I had to wipe them off the continent to finally Capitulate them!

I had that happen to me a couple of times, I simply declared war on the people who kept taking the cities and then nuked them out of spite.

But why the heck does it happen. I never remember it happening in Vanilla and Warlords.

Simple question: who actually killed the last defending unit in each city? You or the Khymer? The answer to that question tells you who gets the city.

Yeah, you should get the option to atleast decide whether you want to turn control over to Khymer or raze it (or install governor).

.. prehaps there's something about deciding to go to war for someone else? If Khymer asked you to go to war against the French, then prehaps there's something new about who gets the cities afterwards... I find it hard for that not to be documented though.

I'd say record it as a bug aswell.

Simple question: who actually killed the last defending unit in each city? You or the Khymer? The answer to that question tells you who gets the city.

Obviously I took over the citiy. Do you think I'm stupid or something? How can they take the city when it was my turn and I TOOK it with MY OWN MEN. SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT? I took the city and it just gave it to the Khymer saying they took it.

Yeah, you should get the option to atleast decide whether you want to turn control over to Khymer or raze it (or install governor).

.. prehaps there's something about deciding to go to war for someone else? If Khymer asked you to go to war against the French, then prehaps there's something new about who gets the cities afterwards... I find it hard for that not to be documented though.

I'd say record it as a bug aswell.

Well, I came into the war when the Khymer asked me to be their vassal.

Players can become vassals now? That's new and interesting.

WHOAA!! Are you freakin' serious? Khymer *asked* you to be their vassal??? The human player has never been able to be a vassal prior. If this is true, then this is huge.

Also, if it's true, then yes, you shouldn't get the cities as they are Khymers - not yours.

... hangon a minute... is this multi player? :)()

Obviously I took over the citiy. Do you think I'm stupid or something? How can they take the city when it was my turn and I TOOK it with MY OWN MEN. SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT? I took the city and it just gave it to the Khymer saying they took it.

Calm down, he was just trying to help. lots of people might have missed something like that, so dont overreact

WHOAA!! Are you freakin' serious? Khymer *asked* you to be their vassal??? The human player has never been able to be a vassal prior. If this is true, then this is huge.

Also, if it's true, then yes, you shouldn't get the cities as they are Khymers - not yours.

... hangon a minute... is this multi player? :)()

Hahaha!! Well well well, someone is in awe. I am too puzzled with this new outcome (request) if it's what we think it is. So, not only you might be able to become a vassal to an AI but also she asks to do so in peaceful terms. This bts is certainly full of surprises.

Here, you could really use one of these...

Oh, I'm very sorry everyone! I meant the Khymer asked me for THEM to be my vassal.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

It's Khmer.

Anyway, this sounds like a bug someone else reported a while back regarding cities being "liberated", i.e. gifted to a vassal without him doing anything. Did you perchance turn off your advisor popups? In his case it seemed like he turned them off and somehow Civ always assumed he pressed "yes".

Yes, I did turn m advisor thing off. So I'm assuming I must turn it on???

Top Bottom