What is your default level ?

I was getting comfortable on King in Vanilla. I had to restart a few prince games before I got used to the expansion, but I did eventually utterly crush the AI as Spain (domination win, early industrial). I'm now playing a peaceful Tall empire as Sweden on King/Pangea and it's going pretty well, although that's partly because of my starting location, which separated me from other Civs with lots of hills/jungles/mountains.

I abandon a lot of games early, though, because I have a lot of trouble in focussing my early play. It does make me feel like I'm only getting wins because of favorable starts, but I lose interest if I find myself without any direction 50 turns into the game...

Emperor or Immortal, though I seem to have found G+K far far too easy on Emperor, so I'll probably play it on Immortal or Deity..

Also, the Mayans should be illegal for anything but Immortal or Deity play. On anything else you can just Great Lib Theology and break the game.

I play standard size maps with standard city states(16) and civs (8). I play on the shuffle map type (new to G+K) as I like not having a dominant strategy in mind of how to win on a specific map type.

Difficulty is on Emperor but like merubhanot above, I too find it a lot easier in G+K so I might try Immortal which I couldn't beat except for the easy as pie, single city cultural victory in vinilla.

I usually play on Emperor on vanilla version, however with an improved AI in Gods and Kings I lower the difficulty to either Prince or King. (Except the part where I beat the first game on G&K version as Huns on small Pangaea map on Emperor)

I would say emperor, If I want a challenge/am going for a dom victory, immortal. Prince/king if I'm doing something that has a very rough start/I just want to build.

Deity is ridiculous, the AI simply has too many advangtages. An extra settler? Thats HUGE.

Anything below prince is pathetic.

Top Bottom