1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your default level ?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Baron2, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Fabiano79

Fabiano79 Prince

Vanilla = Emperor or Immortal (if I really want to play paying attention to details)

G&K = King. Probably I will go up to emperor soon, but right now Im having a good time trying to figuring out what to do.

2. OrNy

OrNy Chieftain

Prince

3. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

My default level doesn't exist. It would be something between Prince and King. I have a choice between always winning on Prince, or always getting stuck with a runaway AI on King.

4. Andulias

Andulias A Stranger on a Train

Emperor or Immortal, more or less like in CIV, although vanilla V was definitely easier. Right now I am on King though, won't move up until I'm dead certain I can handle all the new systems wel enough :D

5. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

Emporer. Still playing around with G&K though, so recently have had many games at King.

6. TPQ

TPQ Cogito Ergo Civ

The default is Emperor for me. I played a lot of Civ5 a while ago and found Emperor too easy, so migrated to Immortal, but after a bit of a break from Civ5 (thanks to Minecraft) I found my play was no longer up to Immortal standard any more, so I dropped back down to Emperor.

Now for G&Ks I've stuck at Emperor, as it's well within my comfort zone and so I can try the new content out, without trying too hard at the game its self.

7. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

King/Emperor, I'm just feeling out the civilizations that I enjoy the most (so far seems like Austria, Huns, and England) so I can move up to Immortal or something.

8. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

Immortal on Vanilla, Prince for my first game of G&K.

9. mystiqblackcat

mystiqblackcat Chieftain

I'm comfortable on Prince so I am trying King(in G&K).

10. Vatras

Vatras Warlord

Prince to King, maybe I move up once I feel more at home with Civ V...I still struggle often enough with the differences to Civ IV.

11. Staal

Staal Warlord

Usually Emperor for me. It was King on Civ IV. Difficult enough that you have to play properly but easy enough that you can role play your situation a bit. Sometimes I plan on doing Domination but usually I don't really decide on a Victory condition. I fight those who attack me or are Hostile. If a Civ is Guarded or higher I don't declare War, so I handicap myself some what and let that determine my foreign policy and thus my ultimate Victory condition.

Immortal occassionally but then can't (or at least I can't) afford to muck about. I kill early neighbours and ideally any Civ that seems like they might become too large to beat later on.

12. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I'm either a good(ish) emperor player or a terrible immortal player in regular. So far in the expansion I'm playing King.

13. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

I was just getting comfortable with King on Vanilla; I'm back to Prince on G&K until I've figured what to do in the expansion.

14. GlobularFoody

GlobularFoody Warlord

I play on King. Any higher and it seems all I ever do is war, which is not why I like Civ, although if I plan warmongering from the start I will put it on Emperor for extra challenge. Also, the AI's massive bonuses to happiness and production on the higher levels makes me feel like I'm being allowed to win if I get ahead because if I had those same bonuses it wouldn't even be anywhere near a close game.

15. trooth

trooth Chieftain

I have been playing Prince in G&K but going to move up after I play through some of the changes. Huge, Marathon, pangea maps with 22 civs and 22 city states. 22 civs and 42 city states really cuts the exploration game short, that is part of the fun for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

16. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

This is a problem I have with playing even just on King. It's mainly why I play Prince. Because on Prince I war more in line with some half-baked "roleplay", whereas on King I feel compelled to war to have a shot at winning.

In general though it seems I always do at least one early war. Especially if I find an opponent right next door. Maybe I should get out of that pattern, it gets a little redundant.

17. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

After one game on king and one on emperor, which i dominate peaceful in any aspects iam back to diety. And hell yes iam only on position 5 from 11 civs, and its nice to play my spies can steal tecs, before i only save my capitol:D

18. pspboy7

pspboy7 Prince

Settler (snicker snicker) :lol:

19. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Immortal on singleplayer :: Multiplayer is still where its at though.

20. mlund

mlund Warlord

King is my default with Gods and Kings. I'll move up to Emperor if I'm going for Domination out of the box. Bump one more difficulty level if I feel like making it a long, tough slog with a fairly high chance of getting my head handed to me.

- Marty Lund