Chekko

Warlord
My favorite tracks have to be
Brazils ’Tardes Em Lindoia’

and

Mali’s ’Kalefa’

So relaxing. Kalinka in early eras is nice too

Last edited:
The Cree Atomic theme is one of my favorite soundtracks in gaming period.

Here's my soundtrack-based hot takes in a tier list (Really just based off their atomic themes):

Edit: The Gauls weren't added to the Tier List maker, so I'd say their atomic theme is probably in the Great Tier.

Attachments

• my-image(2).png
    my-image(2).png
    817.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Oh man, where to begin? The music in this game is simply superb. My favourites would probably have to be Scotland, Australia, Nubia and Mongolia. I often catch myself whistling the game's themes. My wife has even started, so they must be catchy!

Rome's theme has been my favorite from the start, but there's plenty more great ones.

Ethiopia is really refreshing and stands out.

France and India get me into the mood of their countries really well. Same with the new Byzantium!

Japan's atomic era theme is very cool.

Gaul's later era themes are very good. But, as usual for me, the game prefers to yell at me with nothing but Zulu and Maori themes.

My favorites tend to have use of choral or vocal music in them. Zulu, Cree, Georgia, Byzantine, etc. I really love Mongolia’s throat singing.

The opening to Gaul’s ancient theme - with the horn - was perfect. Don’t recall the rest sadly.

Kong's ambient Mama Munu Dile Late -
. That theme is so catchy and danceable! Also the song i musically happy but the lyrics are so sad, a mourning song with happy tune. I like that, and also explains a feature of brazilian music (remembering that Kongo in game is the old kingdom colonized also by the portuguese, a part of what is now Angola, so it show the connection between the two old portuguese colonies), that is to make a happy music with sad lyrics - like this one
(about a man who lost his child and wife during childbirth) or this other one
(about a man who also lost someone he loved).

For the main themes, it is just too hard to select. Hungary Atomic, Rome Atomic, Russia Atomic, France Medieval, all Scythia themes... the soundtrack is the true gem of this game!

Damn that Kongo track is good. Kongo is so foreign to me, because I have only played him like once and I don't like the AI leader.

This is tough.

If I had to narrow it to 5:
Medieval Mongolia is aces.
Medieval Sumeria
Industrial Scythia
Medieval England
Industrial Ottoman

I honestly feel like some sort of degenerate for leaving out China, Japan, America, and Rome.
What an amazing sound track they’re created.

Zulu and Australia are my favorites, even though Australia's can feel a little overwhelming and louder compared to the rest. The Cree would get my bronze medal.

But almost all of them are excellent.

Here's some of my favorites (and other things too)!

1st) Gran Colombia: Especially in the Industrial Era, Gran Colombia's music has to top all the others to me. It was really close to Georgia and on some days it's switched but the Godfather-like music of Gran Colombia has to reach the top.

2nd) Georgia: Georgia and Byzantium are also really close with their Gregorian chanting, but for some reason, I prefer Georgia's song, why? I don't know. It might be just bias because a year ago, I was very fascinated in Georgian Culture, or maybe it's something else.

3rd) Byzantium: Like Georgia's the Gregorian singing just make this so great!

4th) Maori: Oh kame kame haaaaa yaaaa....

5th) Zulu: The Zulu's traditional African music is so amazing that when I'm murdering entire civilizations with corps, I enjoy it even more than normal!

6th) Japan: I feel that Japan's music is one of the most underrated soundtracks in the game, especially in the Medieval Era Japan's soundtrack is very enjoyable!

7th) Mongolia: The build-up, the throat singing, everything about this song is a very great song, like Japan, my favorite is in the Medieval Era.

8th) Cree: The Drums of Poundmaker is a very good soundtrack, the singing is easily the best part of the song, but the song in the Atomic Era is great too!

9th) Ethiopia: I'm going to be honest to you, if they kept the vocals in the Industrial and later songs this would skyrocket to 4th, 3rd, or maybe even 2nd. The songs even without them are amazing still!

10th) Spain: Spain's music makes the number 10 spot, while not as great as the other 9, I do enjoy it's music. It kind of reminds me of like bullfights, romance clichés, and German speaking beach islands.

some more
Most terrifying
1st) Norway

Most annoying
1st) Scootlan

Worst
47th) Dutch

My favorite music in its majority are medieval: France, Arabia, Nubia, Mongolia, Georgia, Hungary, Mali, Ethiopia, Ottoman.
Especially Hungary!

And I like the most dynamic youth music, it makes me happier. I often listen to music online using the live net tv techbigs application

The Gauls ancient soundscape/music is really lovely.
But overall, I’m not a big fan of the misic in VI. It gets annoying and repetitive quickly. Especially the neverending annoying gypsy’ish tunes.
V was far superior to my taste

Gaul indeed is nice. I like Egypt a lot.

not a huge fan of Cree ancient era. It’s a bit much (too loud)
And Australia is the most boring

but this game’s music is just phenomenal

My top 10 Soundtracks Civ 6

Intro - Sogno di Volare

Cree Medieval Era Theme

Inca The Industrial Era Theme

Mapuche The Ancient Era

Zulu The Ancient Era

Georgia Medieval Era Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0uPLRP8Q_w

Georgia Atomic Era Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPGLgjdWm2Q

Brazil Medieval Era Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZyDClHOVJc

Brazil Atomic Era Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=023SmWgj9a0

Egypt Medieval Era Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JzKefNM1vQ

All around: Indonesia.

Piecemeal:
Ancient: Ethiopia.
Medieval: Gran Colombia barely edges out America.
Industrial: Nubia.
Atomic: Hungary, followed by Scotland and Cree.

Top Bottom