What makes Russia good at recruiting loads of Great People?

Sell the great works as they're created. MaryKB posted about her Russian artist farms on another thread. I haven't tried it, but it should be a sure fire way to generate a ton of cash.
Yes, lol! I don't sell all of mine of course, but like early on you can have great artists so very long before you have art museums, and your neighbors will pay crazy amounts for great works when you create them. I don't usually sell more than 1 to anybody, but I can get like +25 gold and luxuries early in the game as Russia, which helps just so very much. I feel Russia's like the one civilization I can keep up with the computer players with on Diety difficulty setting.

Oh I so didn't know you suffer a tourism penalty so very large for someone who doesn't have your religion. But as Russia it's like so easy for you to get 1000+ faith a turn, so converting your rival shouldn't be all so difficult?

Doesn't matter. Peter's ability might as well not be there unless you play above Emperor. You gain absolutely nothing from passing on Great Writers and you'd get less culture from trade routes than you would from Great Works.

Does it ? I didn't know this.
Problem is, how do you avoid a religion ? Sooner or later someone will send you Missionaries and you'll get one anyway. Might as well found it yourself for the Founder Belief, Holy City Tourism and to pick the beliefs .
Trade routes are used for offensive tourism modifiers so I'm saying: might as well combine that with Peter's ability. Then you can slack on culture and science to focus on faith, which Russia is good at anyway. Faith-buy Artists with religious art and if you pop a writer, no biggie. I would just avoid Theater squares in favor of commercial hubs for more trade routes.

Different religions will negatively impact relics, religious art, and holy cities but Lavras will help with that and maybe pick up some more relics along the way.

How does Peter's Grand Embassy work? Like, is it total count of Civics your opponent is ahead, or is it for if they have X number of Civics you don't have? What I'm asking is, if you ignore some dead end Civics and your AI takes them, can you get the bonus from trade routes as Peter even if you have more total than he or she does?

How does Peter's Grand Embassy work? Like, is it total count of Civics your opponent is ahead, or is it for if they have X number of Civics you don't have? What I'm asking is, if you ignore some dead end Civics and your AI takes them, can you get the bonus from trade routes as Peter even if you have more total than he or she does?
I would expect that their total civic count must be higher. Like how in the Ancient Rivals scenario it uses this count as a victory point.

I've always had a really hard time wanting to try out this aspect of playing as Russia for that same reason, not knowing exactly how it works. Also, to an extent, because lagging behind in science is totally antithetical to where my headspace is when I play. It's probably a personal flaw because I'm trying to play more flexibly but haven't been able to push outside my wheelhouse yet, haha.

Top Bottom