What map and game settings do you use?

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by robbyextreme, Oct 29, 2020.

1. robbyextreme

robbyextreme Warlord

Curious what everyone else uses since my maps generated can be great but can also be awful. Smartmap is my favourite one I like having standard maps with 3 islands with 5 players on each island with some random islands and usually everyone has enough space to grow to 3-4 cities with 80% ocean.

I think most of you play on marathon and epic game speed right? I was trying that out for a few games and found it a huge chore having turns go that slow.

Attached Files:

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Standard map is too small to fully enjoy the mod. It works, but I would recommend playing from Large maps up. As for speed, anything from Normal up will be ok, although I have played some Blitz games too. As for the kind of map, I mostly use PlanetGenerator or PerfectMongoose

3. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain

As map script I love Totestra, the bigger you make it, the better worlds it provides. However I'm currently on-and-off playing a Giant Boreal map, it's an interesting challenge.
    Speed usually Marathon, though I've been experimenting lately with a custom speed that is essentially Marathon with Snail research costs.
    I'm thinking about a High to Low game sometime in the future, though that won't happen soon with my currently little free time.

4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

IIRC correctly, Totestra doesn't support Giant/Gigantic maps. If you try those sizes, you end up with smaller maps with periodic tiles, i.e. identical continents/shapes repeated. I love Totestra too, although there's this little bug.

5. scrabbarista

scrabbarista Chieftain

I've played thousands of hours on Genghis' Giant Earth Map for RoM. That map is a masterpiece. It could only get better by being bigger, as far as I'm concerned. I've also created about ten or twelve simple scenarios for it, although I only have one of them right now.

I've mostly played epic speed, but right now I'm playing a custom speed.

There are too many options to list (or try remembering) them all, but I almost always play no revolutions.

6. robbyextreme

robbyextreme Warlord

Game is kinda stale without revolutions. Some people don't like it cause they had a bad experience with it but it's way more fun if you understand it and it's really well balanced, cause it creates a bunch of important objectives and strategies to keep it under control.

7. scrabbarista

scrabbarista Chieftain

Agree to disagree that it's stale without it. I may get around to it if I ever get bored. I don't have anything bad to say about it.