What Mapscript

vekkus

Chieftain
What mapscript do you guys use? I like using PerfectMongoose, but i find that it makes ******ed terrains more often than not. What I mean by that is I literally had a jungle next to a tundra next to a desert, no tiles in between. I'll also often go from a lush forest to just flat out barren.

So what should I use for the most realistic terrains? I really like forests and not jungles, too.

I prefer C2C Perfect World F. It seems to give me the most realistic terrain generation.

All depends on how you want to lay the game really, but i do agree the Mongoose one does have weird terrain alot and too much desert and tundra.

I also use C2C PW F more lately(like Hydro), but i used to use my own maps, until the new terrain has been used, i had some very challenging maps made.

If you want to be alone (sometimes) i choose Large Continents, then make it so i am the only one on that continent, but there is no fighting till about Industrial Era. Then you will get your butt whipped, not literally of course:lol:

So PWF, huh? Alright, I'll give it a try! And starting alone is really nice, but it's also okay if I start near people because when I play with continents I like to kill everyone, and, as my recent game went, take a tricycle built for 3 and turn it into one bike for one really really fat guy!

That was probably a bad joke, but eh. What's your guys favorite victory conditions and map size and speed? I thought large or huge with snail speed wasn't too bad.

That was probably a bad joke, but eh. What's your guys favorite victory conditions and map size and speed? I thought large or huge with snail speed wasn't too bad.

I prefer just "Mastery" victory since it includes all other victories as "points" until the end of the game. The more victories you accomplish the higher your ending score.

As for speed Snail speed is a must since for me anything faster is just too fast.

And map size is whatever your computer can handle. The bigger the better since this is based of RoM/AND mods which were made for larger maps. Roads and unit movement are all made for very big maps.

You can see all my favorite settings here.

Yeah, I feel like it's all balanced for snail speed. One thing that I dislike about start as minor civs is that everybody gets a -2 with each other because "First impressions are lasting ones."

Top Bottom