What should the minimum level of support be to consider a government proposal

What should be minimum level of support for a faction to submit a government proposal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
This is part 2 of a two part question.

If we decide to require a minimum level of support for a faction to submit a government proposal, what is that minimum level? The following options have been proposed:

2 Members - The faction must have two members to submit a proposal
3 Members - The faction must have three members to submit a proposal
5% of Census - The faction must have members at least equal to 5% of the census to submit a proposal.
Other - Please list your proposal
Abstain - I don't care

Please also vote in the first poll, asking the question of if there should be a minimum level of support. Please vote in both polls!

The poll option with the most votes shall direct our course.

Link to discussion thread

-- Ravensfire

The idea of a minimum level of support is elitist nonsense. As such, if we require a minimum level of support, I simple don't care what it is. All proposals are equally poor.

-- Ravensfire

I think there should be a minimum of three players to form a faction, we are not to vote for one or two man governments under any circumstance in this game.

The idea of a minimum level of support is elitist nonsense. As such, if we require a minimum level of support, I simple don't care what it is. All proposals are equally poor.

-- Ravensfire

Agreed, but though all proposals are principally wrong, at least we can try to chose the least wrong option.

3 could also be seen as 5 % out of a census of 60, which is a bit away still.
But 3 is needed to at least make a faction, which I at least consider as a group.

Also, why did not the players supporing option of "one", propose that instead? Anyways, the vast majority do not see 3 as a minimum as an elitist choice. Maybe it is the other way around.

One. Why is this even an issue? If a faction is poorly conceived it doesn't matter whether it has 1 or 3 members; it's unlikely to live a long life unless it offers something positive to the game. And if a faction is contributing and adding enjoyment to the game, what purpose is served by bean-counting it to death?

It is an issue, some of us would like to see well crafted factions to choose from, I can't see what is wrong with that.

As per the compromise in the other thread, please change my vote from Abstain to 2.

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire

As per the compromise in the other thread, please change my vote from Abstain to 2.

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire

Please change mine from 5% to 2.

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire

Please change mine from 5% to 2.
Moderator Action: Oh dear, editting pollvotes creates a small problem with clarity. The names will still stay with the original option, while the bars and numbers will show the change. IMHO it it wiser to close this poll and re-create the poll in a new thread.

However, if you don't mind that you cannot blindly trust the poll with regard to the names connected to the votes I am of course willing to do so. Just let me know (easiest for us to re-report the ravensfire post, number 8 ).

Top Bottom