What the deal with the TV.

bholed

King
Just checking what live games are on in the UK tonight , and was annoyed to see there's only one game on!! whats that all about and to make it worse the not so great bbc is showing highlights of the same fudgingg game later on, good one.

Does any one know a channel one can watch the Denmark Vs Sweden game on?
And do other European countries have this problem?? what a lot of crap Europe's major football tournament and not all games are live Pah.

probably doesn't help but i think if you have that 'interactive tv' stuff with the 'red button' (whatever that is), you can watch either game in the uk, both games have also normally been repeated in the early hours

Hm. Well, since the games are simulateous the stations have to pick one. It happens with CL matches all the time.

I would have thought that the Sweden v Denmark game would have gotten priority since it has two good teams playing each other and they still haven't both certainly qualified. Also there is the neighbour rivalry...

Shabbaman said:
Hm. Well, since the games are simulateous the stations have to pick one. It happens with CL matches all the time.

===

?,
And whats wrong with another station showing the second match.

Normally you can view any CL match just by switching Channels, at least in the UK.

Is this because Sky dont have the rights? and is this a problem throught out Europe.? or just the UK.

bholed said:
Just checking what live games are on in the UK tonight , and was annoyed to see there's only one game on!! whats that all about and to make it worse the not so great bbc is showing highlights of the same fudgingg game later on, good one.

Does any one know a channel one can watch the Denmark Vs Sweden game on?
And do other European countries have this problem?? what a lot of crap Europe's major football tournament and not all games are live Pah.
Well both this evening's matches are kicking off at the same time, so one channel couldn't show both. However the Denmark v Sweden match is on ITV2 in the UK which you can get on freeview if you have that.

Over here the games are divided by three TV stations, so we can watch whichever we prefer.

We have two channels that could potentially show a game each yet they have split it strangely so that only one channel will show the matches for each day in the final group games...

I assume BBC 1 has both games because Liniker said they have all games from now (then) to the final. Use the Interactive service to switch between them. At least this has been true for the other group games and Wimbledon (switch between the courts? - I dunno, don't watch it)

It would be better if you could switch between camera angles, but oh well :(

I'm guessing bholed doesn't read my posts because I have mentioned this twice before. Use the red button to load the menus, and blue button to switch between games.

It's all onscreen menus so you can't go far wrong. If I am wrong, and BBC 1 doesn't have a game tonight... then... oops! :p

stormbind said:
I assume BBC 1 has both games because Liniker said they have all games from now (then) to the final.

BBC have all the England games to the final if we get there since they have first choice on which games to show from now on...

Originally posted by stormbind
Use the Interactive service to switch between them.
Yep.
Originally posted by stormbind
It would be better if you could switch between camera angles, but oh well
It would be better if you could slap the directer responsible for all those annoying replays. How many times did they show the Lampard goal?

The second game that BBC shows on interactive I think is also broadcast on eurosport.

Ahh...at least you guys get to watch the Euro for free over there. If I wanted to watch it here in the US, I'd have to fork over around $300 USD to Direct TV to see any games.

Glad to see Australia's not the only place you can't watch it for free: Foxtel has claimed the exclusive rights and refuses to let the free-to-air guys even show a very delayed replay. Lucky I've got a mate with Foxtel so lets just say I'm spending a lot of time at his place at the moment!
The timezone difference is shocking: matches start at 2am and 4:45 am. The sacrifices one has to make!

Here in Sweden our TV4 showed our game vs. Denmark. It's a free channel (unless you count the TV licence you must pay to own a TV). The Italy game was not shown on any of the other 10 or so channels I have but since it was of importance to us the commentators reported the score every so often.

bholed said:
===

?,
And whats wrong with another station showing the second match.

Normally you can view any CL match just by switching Channels, at least in the UK.

Is this because Sky dont have the rights? and is this a problem throught out Europe.? or just the UK.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't mean it'll automatically happen. At least, here it doesn't. The CL and EC matches are broadcasted on public television, and they only broadcast one match. The other matches are summarized. I can't receive foreign commercial television channels, only public channels like the BBC. It rarely happens that a foreign channel is broadcasting a different match than the dutch television.

Stoopid, yes. Time for digital TV.

Top Bottom