What the heck is My2K?

CaptainPatch

Lifelong gamer
And why MUST I create an account there to get the CBE-Starships linkage? It seems to me that something like player forums would be better suited to the game developer rather than the game publisher. (Especially when you consider just how many different publishers a franchise like Civ has been through.)

Sorry about the double post, but this is new info.

So I looked all over the 2K forums website, trying to find, "How do I create a My2K account?" Many references about what to do after you've created the account. Many comments about the advantages of having a My2K account. And a FAQ addressing potential problems that might come up during the account creation process. Nowhere did I see anything remotely like, "GO HERE to create a My2K account." Or any statement that reads, "Your My2K account IS your account for using the 2K forums."

It strikes me as poor website design when such basic issues aren't addressed right up front, in plain sight.

First part of the FAQ says to go to the main website, with a link, and you click the Sign Up button in the upper right corner to create an account.

https://my.2k.com/dialog/oauth2/account/signUp

Gotta laugh. Used your link and all I got was this:

SORRY!

SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENED WITH MY2K. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

Instead of using the link, I finally got to My2K by typing in the URL https://my.2k.com

NOTE: It seems that if you are already logged in, and you try to log in again, you get the "You have used an invalid user ID" message. (Didn't realize I was already in and tried to logon. Had 3 out of 5 failed attempts before I went to a different page and saw "logout" was an option.)

Figured out that there is a My2K account, which links Starships and CBE.... and that's about all it does. And then there is a separate 2K forums account which hosts forums for all of 2K's games. HOWEVER, after bothering to register for a 2K account, I discover that my one and only forum permission is to READ ONLY the threads that are posted. I don't even have the ability to report bugs or inquire about quirks (like not having my High Scores post to the Leaderboards). So, essentially, what good are they?

Which is weird, because posting on their forums is dead simple and just requires an account.
I registered yesterday, and when I tried to post I discovered that I had NO permissions, even though it recognized I had a valid account. So I thought that maybe that after registration, I would get a confirmation email that would fully enable my new account, but I haven't seen any such email. Nor does it mention anywhere that such a process is in place. So, essentially, I was waiting for something that doesn't exist. And I still don't have any permissions. I can't even do a Contact Us to let them know I have this problem.

Top Bottom