What to do with 2nd Great Prophet?

It is really annoying that the AI loves to on;y use their GP against my capital or their former cap. They will literally wait around for me to change it back and then just go again. They never seem to use them against city-states or near their own borders. If they did that then their religions might actually spread instead of just annoying me. That needs to be patched. Its stupid for gameplay AND incredibly annoying.

need to be adjacent to the city.

I think its a good move of the AI to target your holy city instead of spreading its religion to other city states. It happens to me a lot. If the AI converts your holy city to their religion, they are actually effectively spreading their own religion to nearby cities or city states. When they do that, your religion will be inactive for a few turns that gives the enemy's religion the right time he needs to spread his religion to your empire and nearby city states.

It could be an annoying deed of the enemy AI but it is very effective to beat your religion in converting the rest of the world.

I also noticed that Ethiopia is the most challenging religious competitor since he gains faith very early. He founds religion fastest than any empire. Once he establishes his religion and enhanced it, you might find yourself in a very difficult situation to repel his religious conversion of your empire.

By the way, he likes to found Christianity.

If you got 2nd prophet really fast, (when other religions are some so spread) go spread your religion to other civs. Then it automatically spreads, giving you nice founder bonus later.

If you where not so fast, enhance to which way you want.

Using the second prophet to spread religion when you have the 100 gold per initial conversion belief doesn't seem bad. I don't know if it would be better than enhancing though, because enhancing is really good. Maybe if you REALLY wanted that gold for a settler or something?

The GP is standing right next to Milan's border, they are friendly (barely) and the icon is not there to select.

You need to be adjacent to the actual city tile (in the 6 tile 1st ring).

What I am more curious about is what to do with the 4th,5th,6th... great prophet. I dont need to spread my religion much and thats all they seem to do except create holy sites to give me even more faith I dont need.

What I am more curious about is what to do with the 4th,5th,6th... great prophet. I dont need to spread my religion much and thats all they seem to do except create holy sites to give me even more faith I dont need.

Don't get them. Save your faith to buy other Great Persons that you can get if you open one of the last 5 Social Policy trees.

Don't get them. Save your faith to buy other Great Persons that you can get if you open one of the last 5 Social Policy trees.

Cool, I remember reading that now, didnt see the option to do so but wasnt looking. :king:

The GP is standing right next to Milan's border, they are friendly (barely) and the icon is not there to select.

You have to be next to the city tile itself, not the borders. Prophets and Missionaries can enter rival tiles even without open borders.

How do you enhance your religion? I got my second prophet fast with Maya's UA, but all it can do is spread religion?

How do you enhance your religion? I got my second prophet fast with Maya's UA, but all it can do is spread religion?

It has to be within one hex of a city is already majority your religion. Aside from that, if you didn't see the enhance button then you ran into some kind of weird glitch.

It was glitched, it worked after a reload.

Top Bottom