1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What will be the 7th first look?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ersoperso, Jan 15, 2019.

?

What will be the 7th first look?

1. Phoenicia

98 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Ottomans

130 vote(s)
    52.8%
  3. Alternative Leader for existing civ

16 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Something diffirent from leaks

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

If each Phoenician Trireme had a one charge ability to found a city on another continent that would be awesome

2. Deggial

Deggial Chieftain

I am wondering about the Ottoman UA/UU.
    We learned from the leak (the ship's picture) and the live stream ("a currently not announced civ wich benefits from the pillaging buff") that it will be pillaging related or have a piracy aspect.

But how will they discriminate these abilities from the already existing civ abilities? Norway has the 'Longboat' as a great early raider, England the 'Sea Dog' that (theoretically?) can capture defeated units.

So, what will be the new twist?

3. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

Ships build in the city with UG (Hayreddin Barbarossa) will get promotions (1 or 2) depending on UG progress in promotion tree. Just a possible option.

4. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

Reading up briefly on xebecs, they just appear to be "small warships" only used in the med rather than a coastal raiders. You could even have a xebec-frigate which is just a small frigate.

Ignoring the pillaging and coastal raiding possibility, I would assume that the Xebec would be much stronger on costal tiles but slightly weaker on ocean tiles, symbolising the use in the Med.

Whilst we are on the topic; if the Xebec goes to Ottomans, I am very sure we will see the Janissari go to Suliman. They are already in the game from Poland's scenario which is why they are not part of the announcement numbers.

5. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

There is another possibility if Ottomans will get 2 UU's (doubt it), Xebec goes to UG which is tied to Suleiman and Jannisary goes to Ottomans.

6. ezysquire

ezysquire Chieftain

Ottoman foot rest clue for sure. Game. Set. And. Match.

7. mondetactica

mondetactica Chieftain

Oh, great... She wants someone to leave coastlines alone and not to settle.

8. Ziad

Ziad Warlord

It's a theory but it's historically relevant and essentially similar to Pachacuti's mountain agenda.

Of course one is more likely to get settle coast than mountain, so I would hope they give it more conditions as to not make Dido hate everyone lol

ChocolateShake likes this.
  9. pino2000

pino2000 Chieftain

Last time we had a video outlining the majority of the progressions highlighted in RnF after the sixth FL to fill in, and Kristina is the sixth FL of GS. Expectation they don't do that this time since I recollect that video was truly pointless as it discussed all that we definitely knew.

If you don't mind be Phoenicia one week from now, I have been hanging tight for Dido for so long.

10. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Changed my vote based on where Pete rested his feet during the livestream.

11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Isn't that Gitarja's agenda already?
    Edit: I guess she wants others to avoid islands and small landmasses but that generally means the coast as well.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  12. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Ironically it would mean that Gitarja would probably like Dido, but Dido would hate Gitarja. :p

13. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Why do these polls never mention Eleanor explicitly (but mention every other leaked civ)? Let's be honest, the leak has been confirmed 100%, Eleanor is in.

tedhebert likes this.
  14. Ersoperso

Ersoperso Chieftain

Yep i know it confirmed, i don't know why i don't metion Eleanor. I think uniqe governor will be Piri Reis!

Hakan-i Cihan likes this.
  15. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

God I feel dumb today ,browsing this thread and not realizing what's so obviously pointing at ottomans in the picture of a guy with a laptop ...

16. Deggial

Deggial Chieftain

By the way ... a forum with English native speakers (or at least extraordinary educated members) was needed to solve this riddle.

Because in German, an "Ottomane" refers to something like this:

Or this:

I had to educate myself that the English "ottoman" means a footstool in contrast to a sofa with rounded arm rests (that sometimes only cover halve the couch). I didn't know this before or even thought about the possibility of a "false friend".

I am not sure this unsolicited information is of interest for any forum member.
    I found it fascinating, though ... :D
    (And it passes the time until the hint. ;) )

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I'm in the USA and always thought that's what it meant too. The thing in the video is a footstool.

18. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Chieftain

Well, since everyone in this forum spoke about an ottoman as a footstool, I considered it was its meaning in english. But I'm French and in french an ottoman (ottomane, like a ottoman woman) is the sofa you showed. So I went to the wiktionary (one of my favourite an best translator cheap and available on Internet), it appears that an ottoman (in english) have the meaning for the sofa and for the footstool. So the hint is correct, but only for English-speakers.

19. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Chieftain

As a Finn I was equally confused where the ottoman came from, as in Finnish "ottomaani" just means the Ottoman (a Turk from Ottoman Empire). No other meanings that I'm aware of.

20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I think it IS a footstool as well, but just not a term that I have used. Probably a regional difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.