1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Whatever happened to...?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by The Bruce, Nov 17, 2006.

1. The Bruce

The Bruce Chieftain

Some things I think were great ideas but were dropped in Civ3 and Civ4...

1. Airstrips. I don't want to have to build a new city just so my air units have a place to take off from (on a related note.... shouldn't it be impossible to build/station air units in a city without an airport?)
    2. Colonies. What happened to them? Why does a resource need to be within my cultural borders.... sometimes it can be JUST outside them and I have to wait til the city expands before I can get it.
    3. Sort of same subject - why can I only build improvements in my own land? Building a fortress on neutral territory or a watchtower (as in CTP) would be nice.
    4. Fortresses exerting influence. Whenever a fortress was occupied, an enemy unit just brushing past would get hit by the units inside, at no cost to the defender.
    5. Leaders and Armies. I didn't like the Leader idea in Civ3 (was too hard to get one without being a warmonger) but I DID like the idea of formation of armies. Just from the idea of being able to group your units. When I have a large empire I like to divide my forces into several batallions.... but this is a pain to organise.

I play using SevoMod which includes the mod to bring back field bombardment... or else that would have been in the list too.

If these points have been covered already I apologise - I'm new to these forums! (Long time Civ player, First Time poster I guess :) )