What's a fair price for Colonization?

You know, if they made Civ5, and charged $100USD I'd probably still buy it. Each release of Civ has given me so many hours of fun, for so many years on end, that the average cost has been something less than a penny an hour. You can't find entertainment that cheap, with that kind of staying power, anywhere.

Considering how much fun I have with FreeCol, and how many hours I've put into playing it, I fully expect Colonization to give me endless hours of fun for years on end. I'd pay as much as $60USD for it easily, but I hope it'll be priced as an expansion because I'm a cheap bastage.

You know, if they made Civ5, and charged $100USD I'd probably still buy it. Each release of Civ has given me so many hours of fun, for so many years on end, that the average cost has been something less than a penny an hour. You can't find entertainment that cheap, with that kind of staying power, anywhere.
Exactly. Considering how much fun the Civ franchise has given me over the last 15 years, I wouldn't really mind paying up to one month of my salary for another great game. After all, that's what my fiancee's ring cost me, and her entertainment value is nowhere near that of Civ4.

Exactly. Considering how much fun the Civ franchise has given me over the last 15 years, I wouldn't really mind paying up to one month of my salary for another great game. After all, that's what my fiancee's ring cost me, and her entertainment value is nowhere near that of Civ4.
:lol:

She better not read that!

Since it runs with an game graphics engine already designed (civ4) ...I think asking for more than a normal expansion would be a mistake.. The economy is already pretty rough....

Hah! That's great!!! :lol:

As fair warning, they only get more expensive. My wife has cost me roughly as much as her ring, in luxuries, every year. Just think of it as a bill for services rendered, and it makes it a lot easier to deal with.

I don't know if I'd pay a whole month's salary for Civ 5, as I didn't even pay that much for my computer. I'd probably wait and see what the crowd here says. If they were all like OMGCIV5FTW!!! then I might save up for it.

As fair warning, they only get more expensive. My wife has cost me roughly as much as her ring, in luxuries, every year.
Ouch. Then again, why do we have, once in a while, to feel the need for a real life? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom