What's more addictive? Civ3 or The Sims?

Civ3 or The Sims?

• I'm on a 20-second break from playing Civ3 24-hrs straight

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • My net worth is just reaching 100k...and I'm still playing The Sims...

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Both are equally addicting...

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Neither, I'm not an addictive person...

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
I bought The Sims in the spring of 2001, and subsequently bought all of the Xpacks apart from the latest one, vacation. I'm disappointed now though because I can't play this game for more than 20 minutes without getting bored. I don't know.....the game was AMAZING for like the first month, but then....-shrugs-

It's just that there's no POINT to the game. I need objectives, like "can I seize that diamond-rich river valley before those pesky Romans settle it first" not just "hmm, why don't I try and get promoted so that I can buy a better tv?" I mean, after a while it just gets repetitive. Move in, make friends, get skills, get a better job......then what?

However, I am anticipating a Sims sequel, and will probably go out and buy it the day it comes out. The Sims for the PS2 that is coming out soon looks very promising as to what a future Sims2 for the PC would be like......

I was really into the Sims a while back. I even started to see things according to the meters (except bladder), but all at once I just stopped.
My friend, who was also playing it alot over on my PC once asked me "what else can I do?" after building his house like he wanted it (we downloaded head skins that looked just like us and were playing ourselves, which is the only way I could ever play it anyway) I told him: "build a really high staircase and jump off it." He thought that was pretty funny because in that game, even all the expansion packs can't breathe enough life into it after a certain point.

Lond story made short: Civ3 better than the Sims.
:crazyeye:

The Sims?? Use the toilet, flush the toilet, clean the toilet? This is a GAME??? Somebody out there's pullin yr leg.. probly your Mom rotfl:

As long as this thread was recycled...

I've been playing SimGolf - many elements of the Sims incorporated and, of course, designed by our own Sid Meir. It was highly addictive for a while but, like the Sims, it died down. The big difference is it's a game you can pop up for 20-30 minutes, play a round, build a hole and get out, actually accomplish something, have fun and win money (hopefully.)

Top Bottom