What's more addictive? Civ3 or The Sims?

Civ3 or The Sims?

• I'm on a 20-second break from playing Civ3 24-hrs straight

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • My net worth is just reaching 100k...and I'm still playing The Sims...

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Both are equally addicting...

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Neither, I'm not an addictive person...

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

BuddhaBubba

Aspiring Sage
is the turn-based game of all time draining your life away?
do you look at a hilly area and think that it produces more resources?

--or--

is the simulation of life taking over your life?
do you think to yourself sometimes and realize "woah, i need to up my social meter a bit!"

if so, then take this poll!!!

civ by far - i could never get into the sims

I was kinda addicted to The Sims but after a while it's just kinda boring. I've been playing Civ III for about a month now and I still play about 2 hours a day. I don''t think I'll ever really stop playing it but maybe it'll get a bit less in the future

hmmm...what if there was some way to add some Civ3 elements to The Sims?? any ideas??

I liked the The Sims. It was fun for a while, but then I started getting bored with it. It got too frustraiting keeping your sims happy, well fed and those bladders under control.

IMO Civ 3 is far more addictive. From another persons POV Civ 3 may be frustrating taking care of those citizesn, building those units, trading the techs, but I find it fun.

My younger sister on the other hand, loves the Sims and got 2 of the XPs.

After playing Civ in one form or another for the past 10 years, and seeing Firaxis really milking the genre without adding very much that's new, I voted for Sims. But I admit it's not a fair comparison, I'm only new to The Sims and still trying to figure out what the point of it is, so I'm bound to be more interested in it. I don't know if it will last anything like 10 years though.

Personnaly I can't remember doing anything but play civ for the last 10 days... exept posting here...

And does anyone has ever lived the unending loop of: "just one more turn and then I stop"... I can never stop:(

The Sims gets boring after a litle while..

Civ3 is addictive as hell though; I can play game after game after game.. I'm on a little break though, I got Deus Ex for the PS2 so that's taking up my time at the moment.

Once I beat that though, back to Civ3.. there are still five or so civs I haven't touched yet.

The Sims looks too much like Black and White, which bored me with it's slow progression - I wanted to conquer the world, not change a creature's nappies. The Sims looks like it's one of those games with no sense of objective. If I want to interact with a disfunctional family, I'll go downstairs to my living room and argue with the girlfriend about who's washing up.

Civ3 may be slow, but you know where you're going.

Biatch Guy - Look out for Deus Ex 2, I've seen some previews and it looks amazing.

The Sims was highly addictive at first but after a while I got really tired of maintaining all the friends and talking to the mirror. Then spent two days building my dream house using the money cheat and haven't played it in a year.

you're right BioHatch...if I posted this poll in a Sims forum I'd probably get opposite responses...

yeah, Sims can be a fun way of simulating a dysfunctional family but I admit it gets boring after awhile...

one point though: I think this is the first "strategy-simulation" game to have broad appeal for the women of the world...which is good cuz they should be addicted to computer games just like their boyfriends who want wash the dishes because they need to play "one more turn" of Civ3...hehe

anyway, i did this poll because I'm playing Sims again (and Civ3) ... funny thing is, i'm playing the sims for serious purposes: i'm moving into a new apartment and I wanted to see how the sims could simulate how me and my roomate would like the floorplan and such...heh

thanks for all the replies :)

If you want to mix the Sims and manage higher stakes of goverment (it means, not just a family but a city or an empire) try Tropico. Each citizen has their own "meters" just like the Sims, and it's up to you to provide temples or clinics near their homes to have them with high meters. And unlike all the other city or empire games, you don't rule over just a certain number of people but over many people with name and unique habilities, ideas and feelings. Of course, you can't "control" the citizens like if they were units and you can't have completely in your mind what in the Sims would be a family of 200 guests, but that's up to you. You can trace a certain citizen and see him/her be happy or unhappy, go to the chapel, work or home, see if he/she will vote you or the opponent in the next elections, or if you are an evil presidente turn into rebels and riot against your army.

Yeah, the Sims is fun for awhile....

You can download different furniture, clothes, electronics, etc. so your sims have new stuff to use. There's a program out there that you can use to warp bodies to make them look more like you want them to. Hot Date is pretty fun (with the patch, of course!!). I like to try and see how many sims my sim can 'date' without getting caught by one of his other girlfriends and end up getting a big slap in the face.:o

I'll probably go back to the sims when I start suffering Civ3 burnout.

I am good enough with this game, I am a good El Presidente and if you need some advise about it just ask.

Top Bottom