What's so great about those immortals again?

The Immortal is not only excellent in the ancient age's. They are also pretty useful at all times during the game.

I often use Immortals in Modern/Industrial Wars to pick off 1hp tanks or calvary. Leaving your units with better attack to actually attack something useful then having to worry about killing off that 1hp tank that managed to retreat.

The immortals is useful all the way to rifleman. Look at how much it cost to build an immortal and how much it cost to build a musketman. Huge advantage I argue. 10 shields cheaper than Med Inf. means numerical advantage. Apart from the roman legions, persians IMHO are the most power civilization for conquest.

I hate the samurais!!! Played diety and the AI builds 60+ of them to invade me...arghhh only just managed to hang on cos I had the riders (movement still rules) but they did wipe out my whole invasion force meant for someone else...The samurais are good for both attach and defense no reason not to build them....

Originally posted by RegentMan
Isn't Persia unable to produce Med. Inf.? Greece can't produce pikemen because the hoplite has the same stats.
Immortals replace Swordsmen. Persia can't build Swordsmen.

@Galcador: while the immortals do replace swordsmen, RegentMan is correct that Persian cannot build MedInf. The reason is that the only difference between an Immortal and an MedInf is that the MedInf costs a little more. So, to keep from essentially penalizing Persia, MedInf is marked as unavailable to them and so they can continue to build Immortals until Guerillas are available.

Wanna see what's so great about immortals? Go to war with persia too early in a Monarch+ game.......you'll soon find out.

Top Bottom