What's The Best Map Mode?

Chaotic Paladin

Chieftain
I have seen a lot of people talk up Perfect Mongoose but I find that it always spits out really horrible terrain (like putting you in the middle of the tundra surrounded by peaks).

I just want a terrain that is reasonably workable.

C2C_World or a standard BtS map like Archipelago, or Continents.
but I find that it always spits out really horrible terrain (like putting you in the middle of the tundra surrounded by peaks).
This can be dependent upon AI Leader chosen for your game. Plus it's random and you just might have gotten some tougher starts. Number of AI allowed in game can be a factor as well.

If you start a game and get such a start just use the main menu and and use Regenerate map. Do this until you get a start you like or are willing to accept and use. Not every player in the game can have a Lush start.

Regenerate map used to have some bugs in it..not sure if all of them are fixed.
If you don't like your start, best to close program and generate a new one from scratch.
If you still want to use regenerate map, and find a map you like, closing the program and loading the initial autosave may bypass some bugs.

Regenerate map used to have some bugs in it..not sure if all of them are fixed.
Don't think anyone has tried to debug these issues.

My favorite map is perfect world 2f. Results vary widely though, sometimes it's almost Pangaea sometimes you have several continents. Sometimes everybody has a good start, sometimes everybody has a bad start, and sometimes it is mixed.

My favorite map is perfect world 2f. Results vary widely though, sometimes it's almost Pangaea sometimes you have several continents. Sometimes everybody has a good start, sometimes everybody has a bad start, and sometimes it is mixed.
I think that might be one of the ones we use a lot ourselves. I like a lot of what Toffer is trying to achieve but I think SO has been giving the right feedback on what frustrates me there. And not giving any effort into placing capitals in the better locations on the map is a huge detractor for any mapscript.

It would be cool if everyone gets a hostile start. It's seem like a few map modes will improve terrain around start locations.
It would be a cool option actually. Not how I'd normally like to play but it could be cool if it was an intended variation for a game.

Top Bottom