Whats the best way to keep up with technology?

I usually play on chieftain in civ 3:mischief: :blush: but I'm hoping to advance to warlord soon. I've been prepping by keeping my tech research low and gold amounts high, so i can buy techs from civs and "keep up with the joneses". It has been working pretty well so far. I started doing this once i became unignorant and realized in warlord you actually need gold to keep everything going!

hahah i had the same experience when i moved to warlord! that brings back memories lol i was wondering why all my buildings kept disapearing after i built them

The Adviser has the best advice 'Build More Cities'. Check the multiplier building article in War Academy. No point in building a library or marketplace in a town where you wont see a return on your investment. Build more workers, road everything you can especially if in Republic and get a nice mix of irrigation and mines going. Clear those wetlands. Cities need growth so build them on rivers or build aqueducts if you need them. In the early game, dont build anything you dont absolutely need, the maintenance cripples research more than you would think. If anything build barracks and then kill the nearest civs just to make space.
Some good points up there though, its down to economics and meeting people. There is a formula somewhere for how much the research cost of a tech decreases depending on how many people you know with it. And the more people you know with it then the cheaper its going to be to trade.

Top Bottom