What's the current state of the game

Notsurewhoiam

Chieftain
Hello, I played the game back when Gathering Storm released and never came back because of bugs and weak AI. I've seen a series of DLC and patches now and been wondering if there are still so many bugs and if the game has become more enjoyable.

What bugs are you referring to? The biggest bugs that bothered people tended to happen AFTER Gathering Storm, and they're basically all fixed.
Like unintentional culture victory, AI focusing too much on science iirc, not planning wars well, I think.

I feel like this is still too broad of a question. Best to play a game and check for Yourself.
AI with favorable start is perfectly capable of obliterating their neighbors early game.

Does anyone happen to know whether the science bug, and other problems, has been fixed on consoles?
These days playing on Xbox it really feels like I'm a very poor relation

First one not sure what you mean and how that'd be a bug.

Focusing too much on Science has been fixed.

Not planning wars well is a subjective observation and not really a bug. I think the AI is fine these days.

It's indeed not a bug but wars still feel weak to me. In my last game I had Byzantium declare war with 100 army strength vs my 169, and they didn't produce many extra units. I could just hold them off at the front line until they asked for peace. This happens too often to say that wars are mostly planned well.

Also, I really don't mind this. I'm fine playing the game as is : )

Does anyone happen to know whether the science bug, and other problems, has been fixed on consoles?
These days playing on Xbox it really feels like I'm a very poor relation

No bug fixes have been made for consoles since April 2021.

There was one hotfix patch for Xbox Series S/X last year because a system update made the game unplayable on next gen.

There was also another small patch this week coinciding with the Great Builders' Pack that no one knows its function.

I presume it had to do with Civ6 debuting on Xbox Game Pass on March 16th, but PS got the patch as well AFAICT.

I think he's referring to that thing in the Monopolies mode where monopolies were generating insane amounts of culture?
Maybe, but I thought he said he stopped playing at Gathering Storm's release. Monopoly mode didn't come out til 2 years later.

I guess I'm curious if the Monopoly/Culture bug was ever fixed in a patch. I know they fixed the "AI not developing its resources/luxuries" issue that Monopolies introduced.

Unfortunately, I don't think it has been improved much, at least not in the way you probably care about. The updates to the game have been mostly about adding stuff, not fixing or improving what is already there. If anything, the new content makes the AI weaker, as there are now more things it can't handle well. Of course, there's always a chance you will like some of the new things. For me, the main thing I got from NFP was the Maya, which is probably my favorite civ in the game.

If you want a Civ game with decent AI, Civ 5 with Vox Populi is probably the best option. It is far from unbeatable, but vastly superior to Civ 6. The most obvious difference is how much better it is at war, but the AI is more present in every arena of the game.

I guess I'm curious if the Monopoly/Culture bug was ever fixed in a patch. I know they fixed the "AI not developing its resources/luxuries" issue that Monopolies introduced.
I don't think that's really a bug. It's just that the multiplier is poorly implemented.

One of the parts of Leugi's Monopoly++ allow the monopoly trigger percentage to be adjusted (default is 60%) or removed, thus making tourism from monopolies less of an issue.

One of the parts of Leugi's Monopoly++ allow the monopoly trigger percentage to be adjusted (default is 60%) or removed, thus making tourism from monopolies less of an issue.
I have used that mod, yes... I was just curious as to if Firaxis ever officially fixed it

Top Bottom