[GS] What's the dam problem?

qadams

Bohemian
Can someone explain this to me?

Dam.jpg

I just founded this new city and I'd like to build a dam along the river. My preferred tile is the floodplain adjacent to the city center on the northwest. But the game won't allow me to place it there. Why not?

As you can see, that tile is identified as along the Khabur River, the same as the tiles (highlighted in green) where the game says I can locate a dam. My city is also shown as being along the Khabur River, so why am I not allowed to build a dam on that northwest tile?

The upper part of the river (before it divides into 2 rivers going southwest and southeast) belongs to another river. Check the above tiles for the river name, it should be different.
So the tile you want to build on has only 1 side with the appropriate river (dams need 2), and 1 side with a completely unrelated river.

I hope this makes sense.

Edith: At least I assume thats how the river is flowing. Cant see it perfectly.

But in that case, shouldn't the tile have both river names on the tooltip? It only has the one.

But in that case, shouldn't the tile have both river names on the tooltip? It only has the one.
I dont think they ever do. Its basically a design flaw.

I have had the exact same problem with a dam before, so I assume its a different river.

I've definitely seen tooltips that list more than one river. That's why it says "River(s)".

The upper part of the river (before it divides into 2 rivers going southwest and southeast) belongs to another river. Check the above tiles for the river name, it should be different.
So the tile you want to build on has only 1 side with the appropriate river (dams need 2), and 1 side with a completely unrelated river.
Ah... I guess you must be right. Man, that is really frustrating. Takes away a lot of the fun.:gripe:

Top Bottom