Whats the earliest you have seen the AI win?

1927AD prince spaceship epic by federick is the earliest ive seen the AI win. But it led to the question...

Im curious in your dealings what is the earliest date you have seen the AI pull off a victory condition?

Also im curious if anyone has seen the civ4 AI win by any means besides spaceship or score. I have not. The AI either launches a spaceship or accidently or purposely grounds and pounds until you cant win in my experience. Anyone seen the AI win another victory condition? Would love to hear about it. So turning off the spaceship win condition cripples the AI in the higher levels more then it cripples you?

1860ish space win on Emperor by the Malinese (of course - they have some knack for leaping ahead in tech). I knew I was in serious trouble when Apollo was completed in the 1500's.

I was playing on immortal going for a cultural win and one of the AI's had apollo in the 1400's. I can't remember what year they won though.

I usually play on nobel. The fastest I can remember was 1960, my last game. It's interesting to see how much faster the AI gains techs on higher levels.

But as to your other question: I've never seen the AI win any other type of victory except score or Space Race. I guess this is pretty true to life, but I wouldn't mind a little more aggression (conquest victory once in a while?) on the part of the AI.

That's what I would like to know? Has anyone ever lost to the AI by a conquest victory? I suppose there are times when you wouldn't know becauee maybe you got eliminated while the AI was on the way to such a victory. : )

I lost one game to Cyrus (1st game ever on Noble).

I was on an island and the other 6 civs were on one large continent. When I found the other continent, 1/2 was already Persian and I found out Cyrus was technologically advanced. He later declared war on the strongest remaining civ and won by domination before I could even reach the island with troops. I don't remember the win date, but it was early- maybe in the 1600's.

Elponitnatsnoc said:
I lost one game to Cyrus (1st game ever on Noble).

I was on an island and the other 6 civs were on one large continent. When I found the other continent, 1/2 was already Persian and I found out Cyrus was technologically advanced. He later declared war on the strongest remaining civ and won by domination before I could even reach the island with troops. I don't remember the win date, but it was early- maybe in the 1600's.

Did you have the aggressive AI settings enabled or not?

No, he just was insanely powerful for some reason. The very next game I played on noble, he came in 2nd (to me...).

Ealiest I have the seen the AI win?

That would be about 6 turns into a emporer game. Tiny 16 civs. I tried to steal napoleons worker. He marched 4 archers over and kicked my ass. :cry:

I haven't seen the ai win yet, but in my present game, they came very close to a diplomatic victory. I turned on that option in case I wanted to use it, but as a total surprise, Washington and Asoka signed a permanent alliance, got elected leaders of the UN, and tried to pass a diplomatic victory measure. I'm the only one who voted against them and I only stopped it by about 30 votes. I would have been so pissed if they had pulled that off. Since they I've gained more territory so they won't be doing that again.

Rosscifer said:
Ealiest I have the seen the AI win?

That would be about 6 turns into a emporer game. Tiny 16 civs. I tried to steal napoleons worker. He marched 4 archers over and kicked my ass. :cry:

In six turn? I don't think he had won the game, he only whiped you out of the game.

Top Bottom