What's the largest Barbarian city you ever discovered?

Alberto Schroth

Chieftain
I'm relatively new to this forum, but have always been fascinated with a continent filled with Barbarian cities.

Regarding Barbarian cities, do they grow with time? I don't believe so, but it would be interesting to know.

I did a quick search and didn't find this exact answer. I'm still looking so please don't flame me.

Best,
Alberto

I'm not sure now, but the largest Barbarian city I've come across was likely 6-7 in size.

Unlike Land Barbarians, Sea Barbarians will hold any cities they capture. Those cities won't develop at all under their rule though, as all they do is build military units - mostly legions.

Attached is an example of a 4-sized Barbarian city.

Attachments

• civwin-barbarian-city.png
    civwin-barbarian-city.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 492
Barbarians will sometimes capture huge cities. I've seen them capture 15+ pop AI cities. If they keep them for long enough they will eventually shrink somewhat, because barbarians don't get the land improvement bonuses of higher forms of government. But 10+ sized barbarian cities are a thing, albeit quite a rarity.
As for barbarian towns growing, I think they might grow, but slowly, and only if they have good land and improvements. I suspect the barbarians prioritize shield production over food and that stunts their cities' growth.

The largest I've ever seen is 3 because when they captured the city, it was at 1. They on!y has a diplomat defending them.

Top Bottom