Whats your dream start?

There was a Spanish Krakatoa ?Immortal? start floating around about a couple weeks ago. No Barrier Reef, though.

I have a Spanish Barrier Reef start, Immortal.
I found the wonder at turn 6 iirc, city still to be founded.
The only problem is that the location is 5/6 tiles away from Soliman's capital and it has poor producion.

My dream start:
* 1st tier, 1x jungle citrus, 1x salt plains, the rest forested
* 2nd tier, 4x Salt plains, 1x marble, the rest forested
* 3rd tier: All forested except for 1 horses
* Half of the forests are river grassland underneath, the other half river hills (including one iron hill)
* My settler standing on a gems river hill
* On my second warrior move I get a culture ruin, and find Kilimanjaro.
* On my fifth warrior move I see a civ boundary. In between turns a worker moves into that tile.

Commence total domination.

Alternate: Spain, discover KSM on my warrior move. The rest of the tiles don't really matter... 12 hammers in one tile =

A picture is worth a thousand words, I'm told...

Spoiler :

A turn later...

Spoiler :

15 resources in 3 rings of capitol (trust me it gets even better once the strategics show up) isolated and completely safe, with an easy expansion along the coast to the north and across the sea to the northwest, with plenty of coastal tiles for Moai.... on a non-legendary start so AIs start with standard resource abundance...

You will have a blast playing this map, even if this is deity it felt like emperor.

Attachments

• !!!.Civ5Save
    609.3 KB · Views: 55
This can be fun: Start a (Deity) game with IGE, Give your city 1 Natural wonder, 1 Engineer (to rush a Wonder) and make sure you have 3 of 1 resource and 1 of another.

Which Natural Wonder would you choose: I like Kilamanjaro, but 1 of the faith ones or Lake Vicky, or FoY would be nice also.

Although the people of Florence disagree with me, for good bread you need a pinch of salt. So I prefer a Salt start with Wheat. Production and food at the same time is the best.

If there is Marble nearby as well I have the typical "Woo hoo !!!" moment.

My dream start for any civ would be on a hill, by a river/lake, with access to the ocean, and at least 3 luxury resources within my capital's vicinity.

Assuming nothing absolutely ridiculous like every natural wonder and luxury as Spain, I'd say Salt + Copper + Mountain + River + Coast with a handful of wheat/deer/cows/fish around and about half hill tiles.

ignoring wonders...

my dream start would be on a hill, next to a long river, adjacent to 1 (and only 1) mountain tile, and on the coast. everything beyond that is gravy, though tons of fish would be ideal to couple with the pantheon benefit to give +1 hammer to sea resources.

Top Bottom