Wheelwright (8-08-06)

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
A building that can be used as a prereq to chariots or other wheeled units. 0.33 scale on the screenie.

File in the database here.

I think I can do a little re-skinning for this, but I think i might have to make it more realistic because I don't think I can put a Dole label on this. :lol:

Ploeperpengel said:
Hadrean is blaming the wrong person. Everything fine on my screen. But the polycount is a bit high. Half the size would be reasonable.

Well mine has been working fine for a while, then it stopped. I don't know what went wrong.

Ploeperpengel said:
Hadrean is blaming the wrong person. Everything fine on my screen. But the polycount is a bit high. Half the size would be reasonable.

I had to make the wheels realistic. :blush:

I could delete two of them if need be.

Not in this case. I wanted super spoked wheels! The rest of the model is low poly so they are an indulgence. :p

Wheelwright or Will Wright ? ^^ Very good work, like your other creations.

Hm... such small wheels with that big details? but Ok, it´s your model after all, but I would suggest the same thing that I said about the Organ Cannon - don´t model details that can be done via skinning.

And you should learn how to attach the "ground" from civ buildings to your buildings instead of doing you own ones - because the basement from civ buildings stick to the ground, that´s a really nice effect, especially when the buildings are on a hill.It´s very simple to do this via the NifViewer.

But I´m very happy that you´re skinning skills are improving. All I´m hoping for is, that the Unwrap is done a liitle bit better than with the modern port, you really have to stitch some parts together and let parts that should look alike use the same part of the .dds file.

May be a liitle bit much of constructive criticism, but I know that you can handle it - If not maybe we´ll have to degrade you to Lvl 2 again :p

Best thing about this model is the idea (may sound harsh but it´s not meant this way), because it´s very hard to come up with good ideas for buildings IMO and You´re always doing a great job in adding new buildings that can actually be pu to use :goodjob:

Thanks for the critique Duke. The nifviewer is still on my "to-do" list. :blush: Maybe I'll delete the plane on the ground and try to nifview soon.

And stitching within the unwrap is still buggering me a little admittedly. My unwrap edit seems so jumbled that when I stitch a piece it overlaps a piece next to it, so I end up leaving it as is. There are a lot of little pieces here I should have stitched.

But, I'm not bending on the wheels! :p

woodelf said:
Thanks for the critique Duke. The nifviewer is still on my "to-do" list. :blush: Maybe I'll delete the plane on the ground and try to nifview soon.

And stitching within the unwrap is still buggering me a little admittedly. My unwrap edit seems so jumbled that when I stitch a piece it overlaps a piece next to it, so I end up leaving it as is. There are a lot of little pieces here I should have stitched.

But, I'm not bending on the wheels! :p

When You have stitched those pieces together, just move them outside of the borders. Or even better, select the faces that you want to stitch together, then unwrap them and directly move them outside of the borders, do this with every "group" and then start stitching and scaling them and afterwards move them back into the borders, flip them rescale them again, so you can make most use of the space the .dds texture will give you. But always try to remain some of the proportions nearly right, itlooks funny if those small wheels would take the same space of the .dds file as the roof, for example.

Thanks Duke. I took some serious time when I stitched my Space Shuttle model and it made life much, much easier.

I wasn't aware about the moving outside of the borders and all that. Much better now.

Top Bottom