When Civ 5 comes will you still want to play Road to War ?

kiwitt

Road to War Modder
I have been wondering about this myself.

Civ 2 scenarios were put aside when Civ 3 came out, and similarly with Civ 4. I only really discovered the Road to War, near the end playing of Civ 4 and as you can see the result was a I wanted to change it.

Yes, or at least until Road to War Civ V Historical Edition comes out :D

yes....the WWII games i love them...i dont know a game with same capabilities who reflect a lots of important things like strategy and central planing and the more excitement, MOVE ARMYS AND TROOPS to fight. cIV has it, but road to war gattering all i want in a game...i hope ciV brings those things, but especially, ROAD TO WAR for ciV

OK - Civ 5 is out now. (I have the Collectors Edition - Sitting on my shelve for the time being.)

Anyone played it yet. I have had a look at the new World builder and it is great. It will make modding version 2 of my game quite easy in comparison.

I am loving playing my game again and will play it for a year or so, so I can fully assess what is right or wrong about it.

The 1UPT will work great with style of play "Armies, Corps and Divisions" - e.g. Divisions can be weak points in the main line.

In early 2011, I'll start looking at a Pacific Scenario for Civ 4.

For Civ 5, I will start with a European Scenario again and City States will work well for Neutrals

I play em both at the same time on two different computers, RTW on desktop and Civ V on MacBook, I have plenty of time between turns in RTW

Civ V, with the requirement to access the internet, put me out of the game ... I can not always access the internet due to location and technology limits. I am limited to laptops, stand alone, and offline. I still play civ2 mods occasionally too.

Civ V, with the requirement to access the internet, put me out of the game ... I can not always access the internet due to location and technology limits. I am limited to laptops, stand alone, and offline. I still play civ2 mods occasionally too.
You only need to connect once, you can do that right? Also you have to connect to download patches obviously

You only need to connect once, you can do that right? Also you have to connect to download patches obviously

I spend a great deal of time with no internet access. Because of portability requirements and limited space, I use one laptop for everything.

I have been unable to get to a satisfactory bottom line with respect to steam/valve and connection requirements, software license, operating restrictions, and unmonitored access to my computer. There is far too much hype and "politics" on the threads to reach any objective conclusions. 2K and Steam/valve websites aren't helpful. Until I can get definitive answers to my issues and questions, Civ5 in its present instantiation does not appear to be acceptable.

I too was hesitant, but then accepted that this was going to be the way it will have to be. Have a read of this thread or this thread and see if some of the answers to your concerns are met here.

I too was hesitant, but then accepted that this was going to be the way it will have to be. Have a read of this thread or this thread and see if some of the answers to your concerns are met here.

Kiwitt, Thanks for the pointers. These were the threads I was referring to. They do not help very much.

I have found two answers:

US courts have decided that under the terms of the EULA, for the price of the game you own nothing, only the right to play Civ5.

With a firewall configured the way I prefer, Steam is inoperative. My firewall configuration blocks all unrequested traffic.

I'll be glad to help you with the Civ 4 pacific scenario but given the above, I have reached the end of my Civilization upgrades.

Kiwitt, Thanks for the pointers. These were the threads I was referring to. They do not help very much.

I have found two answers:

US courts have decided that under the terms of the EULA, for the price of the game you own nothing, only the right to play Civ5.

With a firewall configured the way I prefer, Steam is inoperative. My firewall configuration blocks all unrequested traffic.

I'll be glad to help you with the Civ 4 pacific scenario but given the above, I have reached the end of my Civilization upgrades.

Actually pretty much all pay software EULA give you a license to use

You would only need to temporarily change your firewall for installation (and when you need to patch)

Actually pretty much all pay software EULA give you a license to use

You would only need to temporarily change your firewall for installation (and when you need to patch)

Thanks for your comments, but I think there is just too much "digital baggage" associated with Civ5. Perhaps I'll go back and mod up some old Civ2 scenarios.

play well

I am reconsidering my decision on a "Road to War" for Civ 5 anytime soon (see the loads of negative feedback in this forum). It may be worth waiting until a few patches and expansion packs have been released.

I am thinking about doing one called "WW2 - Aftermath", which will cover the period from 1956 to 1986. Which again will be based on Europe. I used to play with 1/300th scale modern armor, so it would interest me somewhat.

However, I will do either of these after we have done Civ 4 RtW - Historical Pacific scenario. :D

I've played Civ 5 a couple of times but I just can't get into it ...

I've played Civ 5 a couple of times but I just can't get into it ...
You are absolutely right, it is missing a good WWII mod and I heard you have a bit of free time in the near future

I am not a fan of the interface at all ... many of the commands you can give units are hidden. Civ 4 was/is much better.

You are right ... I do have a bit more time. However, I will first work on the Pacific Scenario - I will then work on WWII - Aftermath (1956 - 1986) Nato versus Warpac.

I am not a fan of the interface at all ... many of the commands you can give units are hidden. Civ 4 was/is much better.

You are right ... I do have a bit more time. However, I will first work on the Pacific Scenario - I will then work on WWII - Aftermath (1956 - 1986) Nato versus Warpac.

Interface can be tweaked, there are over half a dozen already

Yaya, pacific scenario

I long to see a sea of Red blood :satan:

Top Bottom