When does DLC start coming out?

SHaW1986

Prince
simple as that... i hear everyone talking about future dlc, well how far into the future does this mean, and where would i find it. would it just be in the mods?

You can't rape the willing I suppose......

You can't rape the willing I suppose......

Get over yourself.

Your perspective is not the only correct one. Either answer the OP's question or ignore it. What's the point of coming in here and crapping all over the thread?

We get it, you think DLC is bad. We hereby acknowledge your opinion.

To get to the point: The first DLC pack had an estimated release of "Late 2010". That's all the info we have at the moment.

Calm down, Jon.

Pathetic.

I'm Jon Shafer even though I think Civ V is deeply flawed? I'm waiting on updates before I play it again. Or does Jon Shafer have a strong positive opinion on DLC that I don't know about?

Whatever, keep the ad hominem attacks coming I suppose.

Pathetic.

I'm Jon Shafer even though I think Civ V is deeply flawed? I'm waiting on updates before I play it again. Or does Jon Shafer have a strong positive opinion on DLC that I don't know about?

:lol:

Just messin' with you, man. :D

Get over yourself.

Never! DLC is customer rape! Deliberately releasing an incomplete game so you can charge people by the individual feature in order for them to get the complete game is unethical.

Get over yourself.

QUOTE]

Never! DLC is customer rape! Deliberately releasing an incomplete game so you can charge people by the individual feature in order for them to get the complete game is unethical.

How long until you invoke Hitler to support your argument?

Yeah, DLC is unethical and it's perfectly reasonable to equate it to rape. You are beyond help, I'm out.

Pathetic.

One would think so.....his job probably depends on it!

Are you aware of what "rape" means? I see you using that word, and I am beginning to worry that you might not be fully aware of what you are saying.

Anyways, there are a lot of valid reasons that a company would not include a particular feature in the game's release. It may be, for instance, that they've already got all the crucial parts of a game done, and would rather not delay the release of the entire game to polish up some ancillary features. Or they could come up with the idea late in the development cycle, so it's easier to finish the rest of the game and throw the new idea into a DLC pack.

Would you rather that all games be stagnant forever? No new features until the next game in the franchise comes out?

listen, i just want more civs, with REAL leaderheads.... i like the idea of having civs as dlc, so they can focus on other things, like game mechanics for the expansion packs... and if you think that dlc is rape, then what is selling expansion packs? arent expansion packs not proof that the game is incomplete? so douchebag... dont buy any expansion packs, its rape... dumb ass

Are you aware of what "rape" means? I see you using that word, and I am beginning to worry that you might not be fully aware of what you are saying.

Anyways, there are a lot of valid reasons that a company would not include a particular feature in the game's release. It may be, for instance, that they've already got all the crucial parts of a game done, and would rather not delay the release of the entire game to polish up some ancillary features. Or they could come up with the idea late in the development cycle, so it's easier to finish the rest of the game and throw the new idea into a DLC pack.

Would you rather that all games be stagnant forever? No new features until the next game in the franchise comes out?

Since young players are more likely to embrace the DLC method than older players, I suppose statutory rape may be a more accurate term. And there are other ways to add content to a game than the slow drip drip of paying seperately for each individual feature of the game through DLC.

Forget DLC! They should just fix and fine-tune the game mechanics. Modders will provide all the "DLC" you need, and for free!

Well I'm not buying anything that Firaxis does in a hurry any more. Maybe when they're out a few months, are discounted and I've read the reviews. In the meantime, agreed, I think mods is the way to go...

How about you actually go make your own thread and preach there instead of de-railing a thread intended to get some info about a possible DLC comming.

To actually answer and try to get this thread somewhat back to topic :
To OP : I have no clue, from what i gather they are currently working to get the Mac version released, but there has been hints at downloadable content in the form of certain civs, my guess is somewhere next month or in december.

First officiall patch for civ 4 was 4 weeks after launch, we'll see what happens with Civ 5

How about you actually go make your own thread and preach there instead of de-railing a thread intended to get some info about a possible DLC comming.

My posts are too short to be considered preaching.

Moderator Action: But not too short to be considered trolling. The thread is about when DLC will be available, not about its merits or lack thereof.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Remember, nine out of ten people in a gang rape are enjoying it...

As for the topic: We know "Late 2010", and from the Direct2Drive bonus we also know that there is going to be a "double civ and map pack" at some unspecified point. From the preorder bonus, we know that the cradles of civilization maps will eventually be released as DLC too. That's about all I can think of right now.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Why don't the moderators keep control of this forum? Every post in this thread but 1 reply should be deleted...

These forums are some of the worst moderated I have been to. Do you guys need assistance?

Top Bottom