When the computer say "I love you"

D.Durand

Warlord
I mean, come on...

[/URL][/IMG]

Count them. No, really, count.

My starting position is juste South-West from the "big" lake.

And because no cake is good without cream :

- Yes, I have the possibility to expand in ALL directions.

- And my half of the continent (a pangea officially, but another continent popped West) was covered from nearly all my ennemies by a wast V made of mountains, jungles and swamp (even now, in the early 18e century, its' still basically settled only on the West and East limits.

- Of course, my first goody hut poped a settler, just next my capital.

- Oh, by the way, my second or third tech rewarded me with a Great Scientist (who wa used for free pyramids, of course)...

Before you marry this dream girl ask where the Strategic resources are.

Really cool start.

Any chance you could post a starting save? I'd like to give that one a try myself. :D

At least 13 cows and 8 wheats, a very food rich starting area, and since food is king in the early game.....

At least 13 cows and 8 wheats, a very food rich starting area, and since food is king in the early game.....

Funny how cows like company on Civ maps. I wonder what the algorithm is that makes resources clump together like that. With luxuries (especially Dyes, Ivory and Incense, I've noticed) it makes for an interesting game: either you get a monopoly and get rich, or someone else does and you can get annoyed at their outrageous price-hikes and go and bash them. Or both, with different resources.

Have to add my vote for "post a starting save".

Funny how cows like company on Civ maps. I wonder what the algorithm is that makes resources clump together like that. With luxuries (especially Dyes, Ivory and Incense, I've noticed) it makes for an interesting game: either you get a monopoly and get rich, or someone else does and you can get annoyed at their outrageous price-hikes and go and bash them. Or both, with different resources.

Maybe they got the idea from Microsoft? :mischief: :lol:

Food still rules as king later, since more field usually implies more shields at size 12.

Theorically, this is this one.

On the ressources :

Spoiler :

Two horses.
One at the West, near the sea. Maybe some fight to have it if you are slow in this direction.
One at the East, near the sea too. Theorically absolutely no problem to have it, but a little more far.

An Iron South or South-West, in the hills. No problem for reach that first beside magic.

A Salpeter in the desert West.

Coal
Now, that can be tricky : The less far is just (two tiles) from a volcano, in the mountain range at the middle of the map.
When you reach it (if you don't go directly for it), you probably have Dutchs and maybe Aztec colonies not too far.

Rubber
One in your core.

Oil
One in the tundra north, probably in contested zone.
Another one in your west, not too far, but i don't remember where.

Alu / Ura
Don't know yet.

N.B. The starting position is at the south, between the two little takes, in fact.

... And that 18 cows (don't forgot the one in the West, near the forest south the tobacco).

Attachments

• Cleopatra of the Egyptians, 4000 BC.SAV
    243 KB · Views: 233
but you're lacking rivers for commerce :p

Yeah, I was thinking just that. And of course, lacking fresh water for growth >6. No cheap 'ducts either. Free Pyramids -> lots of workers/settlers from those size 6 cities without a 'duct, can probably pump core cities on fresh water up to 12 quite quickly.

Still, research would be slower.

Not a lot of rivers, but for the commerce there is a lot of tobacco and at least four lakes. Since you want to pump settler, AND your core is laked/rivered, you really need aqueduct when you already have a solid empire that can build them quickly.

By this way, i used the "Snoopy greener terrain tiles" bic. Theorically, the rules are the same than normal game.

I use a terrain mod as well and I've never known it to affect the map generator's preference for always putting me 20 tiles away from the nearest luxury!

You are at 12-13 from the nearest (the spices, at the East, and probably 50-60 to the second (dyes, at the East extremities of the Yellow empire.

I restarted a game, and the evil Arab (who always make war to me, in all my games where they are too) have spawned a hut-in-city just where the dyes are.
That sound war, for me...

Am I missing something? How is that a starting position when your in industrial times?

Was this a multiplayer game? I've never seen the AI build its cities so close together. I assume you're yellow. Look at the orange civ! Its cities are almost aligned geometrically. Definitely not what it does in my games, when they leave enough space to place 2 - 3 new cities within 5 of theirs, after I take their territory. :dubious:

Top Bottom