When was the last time you played CivIV?

cdcuase

Warlord
I just finished a game of Civ4 about 5 minutes ago and it dawned on me it may have been the last game of Civ4 ever for me (if Civ5 manages to run with no problems tomorrow). Civ3 I haven't touched in 5 years.

I'll miss Civ4. Had some great times and some sad times with it. In a way I'm saying goodbye to a great companion (cue sad music).

been playing tonight! actually just finished a rousing game of RiFE. started next to Clan of Embers and got rushed hard. my poor Svart's just weren't ready for it Q.Q

I would say two to three weeks ago. I also just today uninstalled Civilization IV even if I wont be getting Civilization V until friday. Well atleast I can play the demo tomorrow.

Lol, I played Civ 4 yesterday too and by 450AD game time I found myself hoping that the combat system in Civ 5 fixes the game. Everything else was awesome!

Just finished a game as Hannibal on Ring world. Since I will likely not be playing cIV anymore after tomorrow, I let my final game go out with a "bang" by turning the world into an irradiated wasteland.

Good times. Good times. :lol:

I'm still playing in 3 succession games. But after those are gone... I suspect I will not go back.

I finished my last game as the Persians on the weekend. Nice diplomation win to cap it all off :) As my last act of civ 4, I sent a bunch of nukes at the Mongols as a final salutation, to nuke their population back to the stone age, wipe out their negative votes and push me over the pop limit :) In my mind I was hearing the lamentations of their women, however Civ interpreted this as a UN diplomatic win. I'm really not sure what that says about me really, but I'm happy to leave that last world in civ 4 as a smoking ruin.

Naturally as my first game as the Greeks I will have to stop the Persian barbarian to avoid such a calamity befalling again.

Hmmm. Finishing a game of Civ III right now. Might start a game of Civ 4 tomorrow if there are problems with either Civ V or Steam.

Thing is, Civ V is version 1.0 plus release patch if any. Civ IV has two expansion packs and is BTS patch version 3.19 plus truckloads of mods! Civ III Complete just works and to me is still fun, your mileage may vary.

I am really looking forward to Civ V, yes. But it is the new baby. No reason to evict the rest of the kids.

I quit playing Civ III long before IV came out. Been playing a lot of IV lately including last night as a kind of farewell tour. Might indulge some tonight, or maybe play some Wesnoth to get back into hex and 1UPT since I haven't played that in ages.

Last game of Civ4 I played was two years ago.

Yesterday. I´m in the midst of the World of Legends 1410 scenario. (And ofcourse a game of MOO2Civ 5.1, hehe.) :)

My last game was a couple weeks ago just before I got a new HDD and OS for my pc. Unfortunately my Civ4 vanilla disc is somewhere unknown, so couldn't reinstall it to tide me over the last couple of weeks.

I play Civ IV on epic, and only for an hour or so per session, so my games tend to take about two weeks to finish. I won my last game, which was back in May. It was a hell of a game -- I was behind the entire time, and managed to win a cultural victory about 2 turns before Joao would have won by domination.

I decided it should be my last game of Civ IV for a while. I couldn't stop thinking about the flaws that Civ V exposes. The combat system for one, but also the ease with which I got the culture victory bothered me.

Still, I had a lot of fun. There's nothing like a complex, methodical game that goes on for more than two weeks of real life. There's always something to think about -- what am I going to do next time I play? That's the magic of Civ.

Bring on the city states, the one unit per tile, and the ranged attacks -- I'm ready to roll, son.

I am currently in the middle of a game, playing as India. I chose India because I wanted to mess around with religion. I'm on a pangaea map and managed to convert everyone except the HRE to my religion. Charlemagne declared war on me and I wiped him out, so now the whole world is Hindu. I have to admit it's kind of boring. At the moment I'm working on building up the former HRE cities and will probably be pushing for a tech win or a culture win.

Of course, I'm not getting Civ5 right away. I probably won't get it until Christmas at the earliest, or my birthday next spring at the latest. I just can't afford to have Civ5 in my life at the moment. So I imagine I will be picking up Civ4 on occasion for quite some time yet. (I only play for a little at a time, with several days between sessions.)

Sunday night for me. I won't finish that game.

I play Inca so I've got the powerful little Quechua: 1 star plus 100% against archers. My Quechuas got lucky and wiped out 4 other civs on my continent (no capitol cities settled on hills). So I got the whole continent settled and the world is at the feet of Inca. Working on a culture victory, but again, I doubt I ever finish the game.

Time to go to 1upt.

Top Bottom