• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

WHEOOHRN - working as planned or exploit?

I can't believe someone is talking about getting too much information as if it were a problem. The whole purpose of BUG is to give you information you, as an experienced player, could likely deduce through massive micromanagement.

You are missing the point. The point is that the OP doesn't think it is fair for the human to know that the AI is planning a war simply by checking for WHEOOHRN, BUG or no BUG.

considering that you have to either install a mod or relentlessly check everybody's diplo screen every turn to exploit this, i would go back to the "don't do it if it upsets you so much" argument.

It's important to note that without BUG you don't need to check it for everyone each turn. If you know the declare war thresholds for the various leaders you only have to check it for dangerous AI's that are below the DOW threshold in relations. For example, if Napoleon is my neighbor and is Cautious towards me, I am going to periodically check to see if he is planning a war.

IRL, the Yom Kippur War is another good example of an unexpected war.

I don't think a change is reasonable at this point, as so many people have grown used to relying on it.

I've found out that I do not have a current version of BUG, so what I said about it reporting WHEOORN when you cannot normally get the information is not valid with the most recent versions.

Top Bottom