Where we discuss what to do after monarchy... and more.

Rambling some thoughts...

City wise the next one looks to be Ironworks and all that black space makes me think it'll end up on the forested plains hill. Next maybe down the coast to silk, though most likely next is some sort of fur city. There's alot of unexplored land out there, we'll see. All I know is the production city at the end of the Cimeira river in the forest-S-of-the-plains-hill really wants a Courthouse.

HG would be a big gain for us, is that next? That sets us toward Currency, then maybe Mono. Who knows, maybe the AP. HS would also be a big help.

This might sound crazy, but we might want Ohlo to have both the National and Heroic Epics.

It be great if we could get Metal Casting somehow. SANCTA went MT, huh? That's some great sea commerce to wreck, although I bet to them it's just a step closer to PP/Rif. Their capital is coastal isn't it, but i guess we'll have to watch if they keep pumping out units or start working cottages or wonders. I think it's very much in their interest to stay ahead in the Astronomy/Navy game.

I find it weird that Kaz wants a religion so bad; why aren't they all into Philosophical? I'd be very willing to trade them us getting AP and they get GL and liberalism as long as there is also mutual trade of tech to at least that point. I'd so much rather Kaz get Lib than SANCTA.

If they really want a religion maybe all it takes is some agreement of "mutual spreading of the faith" if it gives us AP.

I'm untrusting of Kaz, but I'm also not completely sure of them, in terms of like what comparative shape they'll be in around rifling. I think we may be OK, especially if we lean on mounted units. It kinda feels like there's a good stretch of land out towards Kaz and if we can FP our way into it we may be in good shape to advance into the eventual Cav/Kaz/SANCTA border, and hopefully still very committed with Kaz to drive up that border into SANCTA. That would effectively pin them off, and leave the greater part of the pangea of to us, hopefully with MS, who i think lied and is to our west, pushing north into saturn. We'll see, though. We'll explore into that land out there towards Kaz first and see if it's worth it.

But more and more it's looking as if SANCTA is the threat.

Fair enough, however i reserve the right to say i told you so when sancta show up with a few galleys full of swords. ;) :p

They have to sail through Kaz land for that and it does take like 40 turns to do so, so i am really not worried about that. The thing to worry about militaristically is MS or Kaz stabbing us, but as we get ahead of sancta / saturn that will get less and less a worry.

@ SE, as our land looks now it is overwhelming favouring cottages, we don't even have a GP farm, a "SE"(i think that term is rather silly since we should play to maximize our land anyways) looks very unprobable atm... If we get pillaged we have a problem anyways, so i really don't see where this argument comes from, we should play the land.

HE and NE, probably HE, probably not NE. We want a proper GP farm asap, hopefully we will find a spot where we can put NE... Ohlo is not suitable as a GP farm, it would be much better if some other city took that job and it focused on production instead.

Mono? Why would we go there. We want to get our UU and we want our alliance to get Lib(this means that PP will be easily accessible as well). Math -> Currency -> philo(or MC -> machinery, note that machinery does obsolete building warriors which is rather bad if we don't find more happiness resources) looks likely to me. Maces on carracks should be good to raze cities with...

Courthouses is very expensive at this point, while it is definatly something we want to build when we get larger, at this point it isn't much of an issue(workers/settlers/libraries are more important).

Which city is it that looks like it could be ironworks? Planning that far into the future doesn't seem best to me, at the point we get ironworks we'll have 4 times the number of cities we got now. It will likely go in one of our later production cities.

I'm not interested in wonders to be obsolete. Instead, we ought to consider MoM. We have a lot of river tiles, so post-Steam we can get quality Golden Ages.

Considering our distance from SANCTA/Saturn, we may not see warring for quite a while, Carracks or not. Moreover, Kaz Redcoats are dangerous for us regardless of whether they backstab us or conquer SANCTA. We'd better push our tech alliance for late Rifling/early Assembly Line as it will diminish Kaz UU.

Top Bottom