where's my surplus cotton?

standingwolf

Chieftain
i had an extra cotton so i figured i ought to make some extra gold off of it rather than having it sit around. but once the deal was automatically cancelled after 30 turns--something i also don't understand the rationale for--my extra cotton was nowhere to be found. it won't come up when i try and propose new deals, and there doesn't seem to be any screen that lists your luxuries except the happiness dropdown, which doesn't list the quantity you have of each. surely it's not the case that you can only trade each luxury *once.*

No, you get the cotton back. If you weren't able to trade it to the same AI, it means that the AI received cotton from some other source and so isn't interested in making that deal with you again.

While I agree it's a bit annoying sometimes, the rationale for per turn deals is that it allows you to make trades that include both one-time and per-turn options (so, for example you can request a lump sum of gold now in exchange for a resource delivered across 30 turns, or a peace treaty for ten turns in exchange for resource delivery for thirty turns, etc.).

While I agree it's a bit annoying sometimes, the rationale for per turn deals is that it allows you to make trades that include both one-time and per-turn options (so, for example you can request a lump sum of gold now in exchange for a resource delivered across 30 turns, or a peace treaty for ten turns in exchange for resource delivery for thirty turns, etc.).

That's a good argument for including turn-limited trades.

It's a very poor argument for removing unlimited duration trades.

No. It's a bug. Once you make a trade the resource 'vanishes' into thin air after the deal (fixed term 30 turns standard speed)

There is something wrong with resource trading. As posted here. My first trade for spice was fine. After that deal with Darius concluded I was unable to trade what should have been surplus spice to a different civ without losing all my spice. It's as if Darius never really gave it back.

Also another similar issue here.

ah, thanks for the replies. i'm actually glad it's a bug since that means it will get fixed. with limited strategic resources and limited trade deals it looked entirely possible that it was deliberate.

Top Bottom