Which flag should be Fanatika's new flag?

Which proposal should be Fanatika's new flag?

• Proposal 1

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Proposal 2

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Proposal 3

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Proposal 4

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Abstain

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
myartat: if fact, it was already there from the 1600s if not even ealier. the crusadors used this symbol, and it was one of mayor symbols of the teutonic order in those days.
in fact, it is even more a religious symbol than a national cultural symbol, as it was derived from the christian cross.

no. i think he got it now ;-)
well if fact, there are many people thinking this way. im happy to clarify those things where i can!
(hey, most of the time the germans complain about nazi-symbols and things the most!)

Three of them has an iron cross on it, the other one has this (I don't know what to call it) nazi kinda symbol on; they are all related to Germany in WWII; is there any other suggestions?

Yeah, dis is right, knights and empires from around germany were using this cross long before the Nazi Party existed.
However, WHY do we have to have something german? We are not Germany, we are Fanatika!! We should be a different and unique culture

a-josh: see discussion thread. we took a civvish attribute (the army flag) with the civ-color (blue). we then wanted to add something representing the civilization we play, and thats why we decided to bring up the "german cross" for that (and i think it looks pretty good though).

im beginning to think i should remove the Iron Cross out of the flags, seems ive come across some strongly voiced opinions about it. Also is there a close date on this poll, im assuming its already passed quorum.

why? we clarified the things. there is only 1 counter voice left i believe. the poll clearly states support for the flags as they are.

if we want to change it, we need to change our government-form i believe (i think i read something about this in the rules).

Fionn - I believe the poll is set to run 'till the end of the month. We might still have time to run another poll, but I don't think it would be worth the time and trouble. It is a beautiful flag and if you disassociated the cross from the German culture, it still represents a strenth factor to the flag. Even if you view the cross as a hint of German culture in our flag, we are playing as a German civ, so I don't see a problem. You have done fine work here. We have taken your idea and run it up the flagpole, and people seem to be saluting. Thanks.

Fionn: Just see it as a sign for the crusadors ;-)
In fact, the real "german" cross is not bended on the sides, but straight ;-)

We can of course always have ongoing discussion to change it later on, but the poll result is very clear in favor of the flag.

@Fionn:
Since proposal A seems to make it:
Could you do the following:
a) make a war-flag with transparent cutout triangle
b) do both flags also as "fluttering" versions?
c) do both flags as 65 width avatar-versions? may need some fine-tuning there

if you finished them, you could upload them onto the file-upload feature and just post the 6 links here for reference ;-)
naming proposal for the files:
fanatika-peace.gif
fanatika-war.gif

with the addition -special for the "fluttering" and -avatar for the avatar version in front of the .gif.

Originally posted by Padma
<grumble> <grumble> Still haven't been able to look at the flags. Stupid Firewall at work is blocking almost all pictures from the upload file server: "Excessive bandwidth requirements" :( <grumble> <grumble>
Can you grab zip files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom