Which Game Speed Best Suits You?

Game Speed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Epic. Occasionaly play Marathon.

Even pre 1.52 I was playing at marathon speed. Cuz that is the way I modded it. It really does allow the use of tech before it is outdated. I am so glad to see others love it as well.

I think a marathon fan club should get together so we can actually play marathon type games online. Is it possible to save MP games and rejoin them later?

I usually play domination victory, so I think anything longer than normal game speed would mean I'd have to play the same game for 4 months. My games take too long as it is (30-50 hours). I think I'd get seroiusly bored.

I haven't tried anything other than normal yet, for that reason.

I voted Normal, though I could easily have voted Epic. Marathon takes too freakin' long to get anything done, so I couldn't vote for that. I did, however, play a Marathon game with Raging Barbarians once, only once though.

So far I have only played on Normal. Maybe I'll go marathon and turn myself into a warmonger.

:p

Dave

AsnoT said:
anything other than marathon isn't proper civilization.
this is NOT a game for the lunchbreak.

I concur, Civilization is a game that needs to be long enough you could spin a yarn or few about it... each yarn being on the level of the Odyssey and Illiad.

I tried Marathon the other day and it bored me senseless, so back to Epic for me!

Okay, after reading a bunch of other posts here, I've decided to switch to Epic for the game I'm currently playing and I have to agree that I'm liking it quite a bit more than Normal, so far. It took some getting used to, since research takes longer and I was astonished at the turn times for some, until I remembered I was on Epic. Heh. ;)

Might stick with Epic for now on.

I enjoy playing Civ the most when playing at marathon speed.

AsnoT captured my feelings exactly; Civ is not a game I turn to for quick fun. If I went any faster, I find the world passes me by in one war (by war, I mean from "declaration of war" to achieving my objectives). Too many technologies pass (including upgrade techs) and other civs build up in my absence (Wonders, spaceship, etc).

I started playing on Standard mode. But I couldn't shake the feeling that it didn't feel like Civ. Turns passed far too quick. Eras came and went. You don't seem to get that feeling on Epic. So far that is the time period I have stayed on. A bit worried about going to Marathon.

Epic is an awesome speed, where it is not too fast and not too slow either! It is rather interesting however to see the poll is rather balanced from people on normal to marathon! With roughly the same amounts on each.

Marathon with 450 research rate...

Marathon seems to be the best in my opinion. It gives you a chance to use those praetorians before you move on to other units. :D :goodjob: :king:

I usaully play epic, But evenm in epic, Your special Units don't seem to last in the early games, becore they are absolute.

Have played a few marathon, Nothign like hitting "enter" 15 times just to get your first warrior. HEHEHE!!! But it is fun for war times.

What? There are speeds other than Marathon? :)

EDIT: LOL! I just looked at my post, then at my sig below it ("Give me Praetorians and I'll give you the world"). See, that is why I play Marathon. In faster speeds, units become obsolete before you can use them.

Top Bottom