Which maps played?

Xagrim

Chieftain
Which maps you played?

Small, Standard, Giant?

RoM_Big and Small? Earth2? Perfect Wolrd?

Why you playes this map?

I would play a map with many Civs, but they should Start anywhere. But I think the Roundtime will be very very slow in later Ages on a Huge Map.

Whats your maps and your opinion?

I play Lakes, standard size, 9-11 civs. Civs extra aggressive and I pick my opponents so I get tough civs who actually have a chance to win.

I have a low end laptop (2 GHz, 2MB RAM, 128MB Graphic), so huge is the biggest for me, though Large is the best, and can still have 20+ civs (Though it tend to have 3-6 superpowers)

I usually play Planetgenerator 0.68. It has a lot of custom configs or
Archipelago: snakey continents, low sea
Both create really nice maps IMO

I used to play Perfect World 2, but it is soooo slow generating.

At the moment I'm playing a Standard size map, which started at modern times, to test my mods.

I have a low end laptop (2 GHz, 2MB RAM, 128MB Graphic), so huge is the biggest for me, though Large is the best, and can still have 20+ civs (Though it tend to have 3-6 superpowers)

At the moment I'm playing a Standard size map, which started at modern times, to test my mods.

2MB!!!??? RAM? You mean 2GB? If it was 2MB, you would be really, really screwed :lol:.

Hm i Have an Intel Core with 2,4 ghz override 3,0 Ghz, Geforce 8800 GTS and 2 GB RAM.
But i can't play a Standard Map with about 15 Civs in RoM or in AND.
The Roundtime at the middle Age and later will be over one Minute and more. :cry:

Did you have any reasons or ideas?

Intel core 2 duo CPU E4500 2.20 GHz , 2.20 GHz.
4 GB DDR2 Ram 833 Mhz
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT with 1 GB GDDR3

playing at 1440x900 with max details and AA at 8x on mostly Huge/Giant maps with 11-16 civs , i could play on Gigantic and more civs but the loading time when ending a turn becomes very long after some time.

Intel core 2 duo CPU E4500 2.20 GHz , 2.20 GHz.
4 GB DDR2 Ram 833 Mhz
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT with 1 GB GDDR3

playing at 1440x900 with max details and AA at 8x on mostly Huge/Giant maps with 11-16 civs , i could play on Gigantic and more civs but the loading time when ending a turn becomes very long after some time.

Actually, on gigantic maps that have lots of land you will need even more then 4GB of ram. When I was playing gigantic map (6 continents) the mem usage went close to 5GB even though large parts of several continets were still empty. I stopped playing gigantic random maps simply because it becomes tedious to conquer all that land even though my PC can handle them. I'm sticking to Huge/Giant sizes from now on.

Actually, on gigantic maps that have lots of land you will need even more then 4GB of ram. When I was playing gigantic map (6 continents) the mem usage went close to 5GB even though large parts of several continets were still empty. I stopped playing gigantic random maps simply because it becomes tedious to conquer all that land even though my PC can handle them. I'm sticking to Huge/Giant sizes from now on.

True, besides, huge maps are big enough imo, playing on Earth2 generated maps (huge ofcourse) and its good enough, as size and playiability. Got to Future era on marathon with maybe 2 breaks or so, the rest was all continous play , no CTDs and lots of fun.

I just gave a spin to perfect world 2 maps of gigantic size. I must say I'm really surprised how well they turn out to be. There is not as much landmass as gigantic size would make you think and it seems to be just right for 30-35 players to have enough room to expand. Perfect world 2 can make some really beautiful and playable maps so I guess I'll stick to it from now on.

Map generation times are not bad either. I was really surprised to see that a gigantic map would be generated in about 5-10 minutes. I remember trying to generate perfect world map on my old rig and even the medium sized maps would take almost whole night to generate. When I tried to generate huge map, my poor CPU overheated and shut down. :D
My new rig doesn't seem to have any problems with it, so I plan to make most of it.

Top Bottom