Which MOD Should I Use?

manooly

Warlord
I am the kind of player that likes HUGE maps (the bigger the better!), and long drawn out epic games. I also like a ton of units to choose from, and the more techs to research the better. I'd like to just use real units also (not future mech-robots). I loved Sevomod for Civ4 but for some reason my system will not run this any more. I've recently bought and installed Civ3 and am loving it. I'd like to find the ultimate MOD for me to play. The more suggestions the better. So, which MOD should I play?

Thanks for your time!

You could wait until Steph finishes his mod. It will have thousands of units and will be historically accurate. BTW if you have complete make sure you put any mods or scenarios in the Conquests/Scenarios folder.

Sorry, but who is Steph and what MOD is he making? Just curious.

Are there any current available MODs that I should know about? I'd like to start a "HUGE" game tonight.

Thanks!

If you like fantasy at all, Warhammer is obligatory to play.

The scenarios are a lot of fun as well:
Try Escape from Zombie Island if you want something completely different!

Stephs Mod2
As far as allready existing mods I dont think anything really fits exactly what you are looking for. However Rhyes, Double your Pleasure, or Heretic_Cata's All in One Mod are pretty popular. Take a look through the Completed Modpacks forum.
Alternatively you could make your own. The editor that comes with Civ3 complete is the Conquests editor and allows you to change world sizes and add as many units as you would likeand there are literally 10's of thousands of units available for Civ3 take a look through the units forum.

My favourite is "Rise and Rule". Many Techs to research, a lot to build and more units than the normal game.

Based on what you mentioned in the first post, I recommend Rise and Rule.

I second that.

I see 'no mechs' was mean to keep the Balancer Rl away
OH well lol WHat a shame, it met it (your reqs)on all levels to.

About the mechs, your new so I doubt youd see them. I only got post-modern units and IM considered a Balancer Vet.
Its like one of those strong man thingys the warrior hits at the endgame highscore. You measure how strong you played buy how far you researched up the techpole so image a rigged pole thats hard to get close to the top. ( tech is hard to aquire based on how far off it is)

You need to discover the "World sizes/techrate increase" found in bic, to make many any mod the way you like 'Really Huge'
Try Anno, and Middle age mod on huge aswell ..both are off the shelf grade material

You could wait until Steph finishes his mod. It will have thousands of units and will be historically accurate. BTW if you have complete make sure you put any mods or scenarios in the Conquests/Scenarios folder.
Why wait? He can already starts a game with the alpha version. The more testers the better!

France, Germany, Britain, America and Russia are playable...

Hmm... I forgot to upload Russia!!!! Will do it tomorrow

Sorry, but who is Steph...
Steph is the nicest, smartest and coolest dude here. He is also making the best mod ever.
Oh, and he is also the most modest of all the posters.

Top Bottom