1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Mod to Choose

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Seconis, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Seconis

Seconis Chieftain

Hello, everyone. It's been about four years since I played any of these mods and I'm not sure what's happened in that time with these projects. So, would you guys be able to recommend which mod I should pursue?

Thank you. 3

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Extramodmod includes More Naval AI and Erebus in the Balance, highly recommended :)

3. akatosh

akatosh Prince

Second vote for Extramodmod

4. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

I have only played More Naval AI (MNAI) mod for FFH2 - it is basically just FFH2 with bug fixes and better AI, so if you don't want any changes to FFH2 then use MNAI.

5. Tielby

Tielby Prince

More Naval AI now also includes options for revolutions, puppet states and advanced tactics, so it does offer a bit more than the basic FFH2 without changing any of the lore. I love it! But I'll probably try Extramodmod too.

6. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

I vote you try them all.

7. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

It depends on what you're looking for. MNAI obviously delivers the closest experience to the original game (with improved AI and a number of optional features), enough so that it has become the baseline for most mods. EitB (*cough* totally not biased ;) *cough*) focuses on rebalancing the game, tidying up tech paths and making sure civs and strategies are all interesting and viable whilst preserving the original gameplay. Extramodmod rolls in a earlier version of EitB with MNAI and adds a bunch of new features. Magisters mod takes MNAI and adds a lot of content to it, whilst trying to be faithful to the lore - it's the only really MOAR mod developing atm.

Those are the ones I play.

8. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Is the MNAI AI really better or just more psychopathic?

9. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

it really is better