Which nickname for Civ 5 appeals to you? (Vote for one)

Which nickname for Civ 5 Appeals to you?

• Civilization V" It is blasphemy to call it anything else.

Votes: 89 24.0%
  • "Civ0.5" (I have seen this used a bit, not sure what the users are saying)

Votes: 42 11.3%
  • "Civilemon V" (Keep lemon in the name while there are lemons in the game)

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • "Civ Improved" (It is a great step forward)

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • "Civ Removed" (It isn't even Civ anymore)

Votes: 60 16.2%
  • "Civilization: Battlefield I" (Empire building is lost, it is a wargame now)

Votes: 55 14.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 95 25.6%

• Total voters
Civ5: Total War

Every new neighbor is one more Dow around the corner...
Total War series has been known for it's lacking diplomacy
for it's inept ai, in fact you could say that the Total War ai has gotten worse
Steam & dlc....
improved graphics but degrading gameplay
poor pathfinding
both shouldve been bargain bin games...

Civ5: Total War is my nickname as well, although "Civilization: Battlefield I" works also.

Ive got a few of my own.........
Civ 5 Party!
Civ for dummies
Civ{justin beiber edition}5 with the dlc packs "please bend over" and "the old bait and switch"
Civ multiplayer is"awesome"5
Surely, it's not THAT bad to warrant the Justine Bieber name-check.

Civilizzzation V: Build an army to stand the test of tedium

da Vinci: You should make a new poll with more options, preferably with multiple options selectable since some mentioned above are really good. :)

Regarding Civ0.5: I always took that as a statement that Civ5 is just "half a Civ game", with so many key components reduced or taken out, especially for non-warmongers.

CivLite: Civilization with half the content, half the carbohydrates!

I don't hate it. I think it's a failure. Even in the economic sense. I didn't purchase it. I'm certain that I'm not the only one. I'll bet that there are many more who did who won't purchase anything else by Firaxis for quite awhile. Can you say "lost revenue?" ;)

I am calm. But thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

We ARE discussing CiV in its forum. We just really don't like the direction that it has taken. We have every right to do so in this forum, where, I repeat, it is absolutely appropriate to do so. It is one of the purposes that these forums serve.

re; "hating on it." see the first paragraph.

No one really cares? I sure bet that the Firaxis people care. They might not like hearing it, but you can bet the farm that they are monitoring the reponses. Feedback is a vital aspect of marketing. And, after all, on Civfan, it's free.

Oh geewhiz, if a "wall of text" (what, 40 lines or so? o.m.g.) bothers you . . . don't read it. Come to think of it, if you luuuvvv the game so much, what are you doing on here defending it? Why aren't you playing it? Seems like a sarcastic question, but it isn't, actually.

Once again, I have to ask, WHY does it matter if someone else is unsatisfied with this version and posts criticisms/complaints? I am just not getting the motivation here at all. Is it in your mind that it is somehow mandatory to love CiV? And if we don't, we are labeled "haters?" (an obviously derogatory term) It seems as if you resent the fact that someone else is unhappy about CiV. Why? Are you getting paid by Firaxis/2k/et al ? Are you employed by one of those companies?

Just asking. :mischief:

Wow, pretty big response to a signature. I'm just tired of all these dumb topics about 1upt, how civ V isn't JUST like Civ IV, and huge wall of text that no one cares about.

You think a few people not buying Civ is going to hurt Firaxis? We aren't their only market. I don't get the motivation in posting huge topics no one cares about.

To me ciV is actually Civilization V - Total War because now it is more similar to Total War Series i.e poor AI, stupid diplomacy but excellent warfare. :)

And I'm just tired of all the attack dogs who supposedly love CiV, but aren't playing it, and instead are on Civfan deriding anyone who has complaints or criticisms, calling them "haters" etc. Obviously none of the critics hate it. They played it. They enjoy playing civ. If they didn't enjoy civ playing so much, they wouldn't be so disappointed/outraged by the letdown of the current version. If they really "hated" civ, they wouldn't have bothered purchasing it or playing it or complaining about it--they be playing a console game somewhere. It makes no sense to me why someone would attack them for NOT liking the current version. Mischaracterization compounded with insults is typical. Only thing I can think of is that either the attack dogs are 1.) company employees attempting to do damage control (and I notice that question didn't get an answer) or 2.) control freaks who can't handle the fact that someone doesn't agree with them ("geewhiz, I LOVE CiV, therefore, if you don't, you're wrong"). This is just speculation. In the end, it's just a mystery to me. And once again, if you're tired of the complaints/wall-o-text . . . then DON'T click on the thread. Does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to read these topic threads? The negative reponse threads are pretty clearly labeled. Aren't there plenty of threads about "my favorite leader/UU/UB/policy" etc.? Is someone we can't see preventing you from posting there?

That said, once again, I'll state that critics of the new version have every right to complain, point out flaws/bugs/stupidities, and that this is exactly the place to do so.

It's funny to me though, how the attack dogs get all defensive (or go silent) when called on their irrational behavior.

It seems that Civ5 is becoming new Windows Vista; buggy, unbalanced, released prematurely etc....
Until Windows 7 was released the introduced changes in Vista really didn't take off at any point. Mainly because it was premature and needed more development.

Hopefully Firaxis is smart enough to make Civ5 most highly moddable Civ-game ever IF they ever intend to save it that is.
Maybe we're better of waiting a Civ6, which has to be success after this fiasco!

Boy this thread is really adding the these forums...if you don't like Civ 5 go don't like it in the Civ 4 forums or elsewhere, this forum is becoming impossible to use.

Civ0.5 could refer to it being "half done". And it is true that there are plenty of thing sabout it that could use some improvement (like the AI).

What's wrong with Civ5? lol!

Frankly I'd be happy if they renamed it We Took Your Money, Stupid!

it'd sort out 95% of the problems in the game.

da Vinci: You should make a new poll with more options, preferably with multiple options selectable since some mentioned above are really good. :)
I think the capacity to post a poll is open to any forum member ... ;) Especially since I seem to be getting a bad repuation, see below:

Boy this thread is really adding the these forums...if you don't like Civ 5 go don't like it in the Civ 4 forums or elsewhere, this forum is becoming impossible to use.
Just ... this ... ONE? :mischief: I doubt that if the moderators closed this ONE thread, that the forum would suddenly become usable. ;)

dV

It seems that Civ5 is becoming new Windows Vista; buggy, unbalanced, released prematurely etc....
Until Windows 7 was released the introduced changes in Vista really didn't take off at any point. Mainly because it was premature and needed more development.

Hopefully Firaxis is smart enough to make Civ5 most highly moddable Civ-game ever IF they ever intend to save it that is.
Maybe we're better of waiting a Civ6, which has to be success after this fiasco!
So ... CivVistazation V! :lol:

dV

You think a few people not buying Civ is going to hurt Firaxis? We aren't their only market. I don't get the motivation in posting huge topics no one cares about.

Why would people post here if they didn't care, Swink? You're posting, so you must care as well?

I voted:

" "Civ0.5" (I have seen this used a bit, not sure what the users are saying)"

By FAR the most accurate poll answer I've ever given in my life.

I must say, "Civilization: the Turd" made me crack up (NOT a good think at 12.30am when everyone else is sleeping!) and I will forver think of Civ5 as "Civilization: the Turd" (no matter how good the game gets as it is developed/expanded/"finished")

EDIT: Formerly I liked to think of it as "Civilization: Arcade Edition" but it didn't "catch on"....anyone else remember when "Arcade Edition" was a common suffix to games?

Top Bottom