Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Arabs

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Koreans

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Steffo

Chieftain
Which of the PTW Civs do you like the best?

I prefer the Ottomans because of the industrious/scientific combo and also the Siphai is a great UU!

It's difficult to say which is the best because it also depends on the map and your play stile but like you I also like the Ottomans a lot. The Sipahi is great! Industrialist is the best civ-specific trait, IMHO and scientific, if properly used, ain't that bad either....

I have not tried all the new civs, but it seems to me that since the Greeks are my favs from the original, that the Koreans with the same traits would also be the best for my playing style.

I dont particularly like any of the PTW civs, but i supppose id say the Ottomans are my favourite/the best

Well, I choose Celts. I like that green-teal color.... Yes I know, it's quite subjective and I can change it through the editor. But yes, I like the religious/militaristic combination. ;)

Of coz it's Vikings! Their unit is having a great offensive ability, and berserk is the only unit that can perform an amphibious assault before amphibious war is researched!

Ottomans: they are Industrious and Scientific and they have an excellent UU: Sipahi 8/3/3

For MP I prefer the Celts. Fast moving assault troops early on to knock out the competition as well as quick transitions between govs. I'm biased because I've never been able to play a MP game much beyond the early to mid Middle ages......UU's that appear later never come into play. For non-MP games the Ottomans ROCK! The industrious trait is my favorite trait and a wall of Sipahi rolling across the map like a bulldozer is a beautiful thing!!

It would probably be a tie between the Ottomans and the Arabs but the underdog needs a vote. Personally, I think the Ansar Warrior is the best new UU. It only has two defense but it has 3 move points and is mass produced cheaply. The Ottoman's may have the better stats but I'm a big fan of expansionist and I'd rate it the number 3 trait. Religious is my second favorite trait behind industrious. Last time I tried the Arabs, I was able to easily win by domination by 1100 AD on a standard map. The AI kept sneak attacking me and I responded by mobilizing my Ansars and destroying them all.

I have to say the Ottomans as well. I love scientific/industrious pairing and the Sipahi is extremely powerful. Also gives a farily good GA IMO, around about the time you want to start to open up a commanding tech lead.

I had to go with the Vikings because if you can get past the rather large shield cost of the berserks then you can conquer any city you want. It's basically your berserk with an attack value of 6 (not to mention the surprise of them popping out of a boat) against either a pikeman with a defense value of 3 or a musketman with a defense value of 4.

Then again, the Ottomans have far more advantageous civ-specific abilities than the Vikings along with a very nice UU.

It all depends on the map. With a pangea or continent map, deffinately Ottomans as the Sipahi enjoys the battle field as their own private lawn, n just start mowing :D

If on continent/archipelleago tho Beserkers are VERY useful tho, But I just preffer the scientific/industrious more :D

I havent played the Otomans much so i voted for the Vikings but with so much support for em aroud hear i gess ill give the a try:king: .

I used to play Ottomans, I mean come on, the Sipahi is a fantastic UU and they have the same traits as the Persians (my old favorite.) Now however, I play Carthage. They have the best traits in the game, IMHO: Commercial and Industrious, and the 2/3/1 Numidian Mercenary instead of a 1/2/1 spearman is fantastic. So, overall, I gotta go for Carthage, though the Sipahi looks awesome when attacking!

I like the industrious trait and a good UU, so I voted Ottos. If I was a builder, Carthage would be a decent civ.

I went with Carthage on this one just because I won my first monarch game with them. Great traits and a solid (but overpriced) UU make this a good civ.

I the Carthaginians have a good traits combo, sure, but the Numidians are kind of a mixed blessing. Not exactly bad, but that attack rating of two is kind wasted most of the time; I do prefer 20 shields Hoplites.

I tend to prefer the vikings for the sole reason that the AI (and other players for that matter) never anticipate the amphibious attacks. And at 6/2, it can kill pretty much everything easily.

Top Bottom