• Ottomans

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Arabs

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Koreans

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Beanzy
and the 2/3/1 Numidian Mercenary instead of a 1/2/1 spearman is fantastic.

I could see how you'd think that at first but there is one flaw in the Numidian Mercenary - sheild cost. Those bad ass spearmen slow your initial growth tremendously unless you use warriors to accompany your settlers and defend the cities they settle.

Carthaginians are for me. The trait combo is good (not my personal fav) and there UU suites me perfectly. I like to amass more defensive units for the upgrade path, and the Numidians fit this and can be used for offense. Only the Romans and Greeks have a defensive unit over 2 before pikemen., and only the Persians have an offensive unit above a 3 before Midi Inf. The UU power is hurt with CLSP though seeing as you start by all 3 Civs with like UU.

The higher unit cost is also nice when it is time to upgrade. There is less of a difference in the price so it is much cheaper to upgrade 60-80 Numidians to musketeers than 60-80 spearmen to pikemen to musketeers.

The potential despo GA is a doenfall thougough.

It'd be the Ottomans or Vikings. The Ottomans because of the strong traits, and good UU, and the Vikings obviously because of the incredibly powerful UU.

The Celts I'd likely put in third place, as they have good traits and a good UU.

Carthage, well I put them a little down on the list since I prefer the French to them.

-Sirp.

Originally posted by Sodfather

there is one flaw in the Numidian Mercenary - sheild cost. Those bad ass spearmen slow your initial growth tremendously unless you use warriors to accompany your settlers and defend the cities they settle.

Hey, they can't be perfect. But the Carthaginians do have the industrious trait which both helps out through a pure increase in shield and your speedy workers who can go mine crazy if you need 'em to. Though the cost is jacked up, you should be able to cope, just stay away from too early of a battle if you can't build NMs fast enough.

Just a hunch... Arabs and Koreans? What with the current political issues, I'd figure it'd be them.

Top Bottom