Which three wonders of the world is jou best ?

Gee, I hadn't noticed that -- I always relied on the manual! I had a quick look at a saved large game, and it looks like that's right.

All the more reason, then, why Bach is valuable -- though this also makes it less risky to allow someone else to build it and capture it later.

Thanks and all the best,
Steed

It really depends on your situation/scenario/style.

Mike's Chapel is definately one of the best. It comes relatively early in the game, pays for LOTS of upkeep and shield production (and unhappiness ;)).

All the other Wonders seem to have their disadvantages. The Dam comes too late. Pyramids too early :rolleyes:, Suffrage costs too much, bla bla bla.

Though if I had to choose a second and third overall, they'd be Hoover Dam and Bach's. If I had to choose them in category though:

• Happiness: Mike's Chapel
  • Science: SETI
  • Shields: The Dam
  • War: Tzu's (As long as you don't discover Mobile Warfare, you can roam the world with Vet. Howitzers)

On another note having Mike's and Suffrage in a Democracy, war can be quite well ;).

:santa:

I try to grab Pyramids early on (and the great library if possible), then tech to Mich's chapel and grab that. Then I like to tech up to invention, grab King Richards Crusade, then take any other wonder I want until Industrialisation.

So for my strategy, the three most important are:

King Richards Crusade (to give the ability to get FAR ahead of your opponents by wonder-grabbing)

Pyramids

Michaelangelo's Chapel.

Not only does King Richards allow you to wonder-grab, it also doesn't cost other cities any sheilds (that would be otherwise spent on caravans), and it basically gives and industrial age city (with factory) in the middle ages. Very useful when building large armies, grabbing wonders or just building a city up. It's usually best to place it in your largest city.

It really depends a lot on the level you play at. On Diety, I find it's worth using a Great Leader to build Bach's Cathedral, because you get two extra content people in each city. It's very important that wonder ends up on your continent under your control. Apart from this, the Hoover Dam is a no-brainer. It takes far too long to build, though, so use a leader.

In my last game I also discovered the virtue of the Sistine Chapel. Its effects cover the entire world, and if you have it and build cathedrals in all your cities, you pretty much guarantee civil order.

Incidentally, the Adam Smith wonder also covers the whole world, so it too may fall into the category of "better conquered than built"--since you don't need to care which continent it's on.

Spork, my boy, you are talking Civ 3. This thread is about Civ II wonders.

I know I have replied previously, but I have also changed my game play a lot so my most important wonders have also changed.

Early on, I go for Hanging Gardens, Michs Chapel, and Pyramids.
Later, I get Leo's Workshop (just to upgrade all my settlers to Engineers), Hoover Dam, and Adam Smiths.
Then to wage war in a Democracy, I get Women's Suffrage, Cure for Cancer, and Shakespere's Theatre.

You don't need to have the Great Library because the AI will never have any techs you don't have if you do caravans well.
Statue of Liberty is not need as long as you know about Oedo Years.

If I had to pick only 3: Michs Chapel, Pyramids, and Hoover Dam. All three instantly give each of your cities the equivalent of a city improvement, cost no money to upkeep, and the wonder itself needs only about 3-4 times the shields of building just one of the improvements in a city.

It depends on the situation. If you're on an isolated archipelago, then Lighthouse should figure somewhere. If you don't do much exploration, then Marco Polo's Embassy and the Apollo program could come in useful. Pyramids, Michaelangelo's Chapel and Leonardo's Workshop would be my personal choice though. :p

PS- If you don't or can't put much money into science, then go for the Great Library. Otherwise, it's pretty much useless other than for boosting your score.

The great library is great.

If you go directly for specific goals such gunpowder early on, then even if your well ahead in tech you still keep picking up extra free techs. Also if you have embassies in your oponents cities then you know what their researching so you avoid it.

My top three are

Great library
Leonardos workshop (just for upgrading sttlers to engineers)
mikes chapel

In any order.

Whatever strategy i play I alsways go for Literacy first so i can get The GL, monthesism second so i can get Mikes chapel, and then Invention so i can get Leonardos workshop.

4 comes hoover dam, only a little behind the others.
;)

Rowan,
I believe deitydude mentioned The Hanging Gardens, and precious few others. It is definitely first for me, I play Emperor. It also facilitates kicking into Republic Trade WLTK during Monarchy.

I love most of the wonders, and build nearly all of them. But, I give the Colossus and the Pyramids to the AI -- they're just too good. Hopefully, two different enemies get them, leads to a longer, more exciting game.

My #2 is Leonardo,

#3 Cure for Cancer (leads to huge growth rate WLTK).

Or more importantly, what if there were only three to have in the game?

For the followers of ICS at diety level, the Gardens look grand. For those who read the manual, the Dam & SETI look terrific. For an SSC, I think that Copes, Isaac & Shakes are needed more than Colossus, Copes & Isaac. (My SSC usually has KRC as well.)

:D

The Library & Wall add insurance early on & can carry one to the mid & late games -- great crutches for those who are challenged at the King level.;)

But if you could only have three, be it build or conquest, ...

Would you choose Statue, Sun Tzu, & Leo's for fundy fun?

Three for the SSC?

Or late game value with Mike's, Hoover & SETI?

For a 3 & only three, regardless of level, my choices in order are:

1) J S Bach -- Mike's can be substitued (but $$$)
2) Great Library -- An ancient crutch/insurance
3) Mike's -- a close pick over Shake's for the many cities vs a democratic Navy.

1. Mike's Chapel, of course
2. Hoover Dam
3. Most people would think I'm nuts, but my third is the Statue of Liberty, so you can declare war any time, anywhere and use fundamentalism merely for the duration of the war.

Odd question anyway, why not build ten?;)

As many have mentioned, It all depends on your play style. However, If I have to limit myself to three (I find they all have their use, so I'm being CRUEL with myself here), they'd be:
Pyramids: Help your city grow faster, so you can churn settlers out to found new cities
Leonardo's Workshop: This one needs no intro.
Darwin's Voyage: I love this. 2 free civ advances? YES PLEASE!!!!

I do like Great Wall, UN, Hoover Dam and Statue Of Liberty too, but if it came down to it, these would be my choices:cool:

Originally posted by gatomarado
Michalengelo's Chapel, Adams STCº and Hoover Dam.
Happyness, money and production!!

Mike's Chapel and Hoover Dam fair enough, but why Adam STC? It only pays for 1 gold maintenance costs. That's hardly money. Switch to a Fundy and watch Tithe money roll in!:goodjob:

The three best are Collosus, Copernicus and Richards Crusade.
If You can get all three in one city, you can get out to such a headstart that nobody can catch you.
You can grow your city fast and early with large luxury tax rates.

1.Michelangelo's Chapel
2.JS Bach
3.Women's Suffrage
4.Cancer Cure

I think rapid growth is the most important,so I choose the wonders to make my people happy that I could pop a city from 3 to 20 quickly.:bday:

Women's suffrage can let me attack others without the unhappy problem.:rocket:

Cause I always beyond my opponents in science(deity),the Great Lib is not neccesary.:lol: :queen:

Top Bottom