White Lies Black Ops v. 2 (3.19)

Oh, a link in a comment on the download page. In addition to reasons given (basically "I'm releasing this in case you can help me improve it") perhaps this mod is good enough that its wasted existing only in an otherwise standard civ context.

Loving this mod, but having issues in multiplayer. Usually play BTS on my home LAN, just the two of us. WLBO causes Out Of Sync errors, which no amount of reconnecting seems to fix. Anyone else having this problem, or know a fix?

Military Tradition and Propaganda are at the same place on the tech screen. Gunpowder, Economics, and Liberalism could come down one notch and Replaceable parts and Propaganda could then each come down 2 notches.

Attachments

• CIV4TechInfos.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 117
Has anyone successfully merged other mods/parts with this mod? Perhaps BUG/BULL? And maybe also Better AI? If so, I would appreciate if you could share it. :)

I tried merging BUG in a while back, but failed. Some of the python files are pretty extensively modified.

This mod is awesome, i think the spawning of random units is better in RevDCM. Druels over the possibility of them together hahaha

Well BobeBrown, I think merging this mod with RevDCM or any of the mods that build on it would lead to THE ultimate Civ mod. Unfortunately, it seems no one can merge them or wants to merge them. :(

I had both of these same ideas. When I introduced the work camps, I started to design a coalition option where the participating civs would go in with the goal of simply destroying the camps. (Similarly, I thought it might be cool to have a coalition with the goal of destroying all uranium mines in a civ and preventing new ones from being built.) The problems I found were (a) the AI was tricky to program and (b) it was weird to implement from a game-play perspective.

If you're actively at war and bringing other AI civs into a coalition just to liberate tiles, it forces AI civs to commit a lot of resources to something that doesn't provide a lot of benefit (unlike normal war, where they gain territory, cities, xp, a seriously weakened enemy, etc.). Most human players play to win, but to some extent AI players "role-play" their leaderhead traits, putting them at a disadvantage. I want to be careful about options that tie-up AI resources for flavor purposes. There would need to be some kind of special payoff to any participating civs in order for it to be practical (for a crusade, maybe the apostolic church divvies up loot among the member civs when successful). I thought that it might be interesting to have a "cold war" state where you can skirmish without fully declaring war (like privateers) but implementing that seemed a bit daunting as well.

That said, I agree completely; more specific coalitions would be cool. Now that I've released the code, maybe people can find a way to do it properly.

I think we need some sort of modern Privateer...maybe with Somali pirates as a model?
And a land Privateer as well...maybe Mercenaries?

hi I just started playing a game and got python exception when my happy natives wanted to give me gold. something about there being no eplayer, sorry I didn't get a screen shot. it doesn't seem to have broken anything and I did receive some gold, I just thought you might want to know in case it is something you want to chase down.

Also I managed to play a game till about 736AD without realising that the mod hadn't worked the first time! hehe, because when I unpacked it to the mods folder it was contained within another folder... stupid me. Anyway just started a new game and it looks really clever so far :)

There seem to be similar python exceptions whenever the native populous do anything nice for any civ...I also got a CTD but I have no idea why. I will see if it happens again when I reload an auto save. Also what exactly is the significance of the smiley face in the native pop/terrorist screen. because sometimes I don't have it and other civs do even though I have the lowest anger rating of any civ. Is it that the rating is improving or??

Also I seem to be having an issue with my workers disappearing?? This is really early in the game so I doubt they are kidnapped, it seems to be happening around the same times as the python callback issues but I am not certain. In my current game the 2 workers that I have built have just vanished? oh well this game ended in a CTD too, no explanation as to why just civ4 has stopped working...

Also I seem to be having an issue with my workers disappearing?? This is really early in the game so I doubt they are kidnapped, it seems to be happening around the same times as the python callback issues but I am not certain. In my current game the 2 workers that I have built have just vanished?

Same here...:confused::mad:

Ok, I've got it, it's a hidden covert operation "Capture worker" conducted by a rival civ. Then I have another question : how can it possibly be prevented?

Top Bottom